The best dressed soldiers in history?

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
Sorry to resurrect this old thread, BUT...the US army has recently approved an olive drab service dress that is as close to the World War II look as it can get. It will not be available immediately, and recruiters will get it first.

I am looking for some pix that show the new uniform. Maybe someone else has already got access to some. Whether you want to call it "pinks and greens" or the "brown suit," it was the sharpest look the US army ever had. I can't wait to see it again.

Hopefully they will either get rid of that sloppy beret, or redesign it so it looks military and fashionable like the Brits and the French. Our berets make soldiers look like they are wearing an empty shoe bag on their heads.
Now I'm intrigued to see it too! And agreed on the beret, it looks ridiculous the way they mold it ...

Oct 2016
Merryland
cavalry.pngif you like blue and gold here's a late 19th century US Cavalry trooper

apaches.jpg
these Apaches might not win a fashion contest but I'd love to have them on my side

Reactions: Todd Feinman
Oct 2016
Merryland
Huron.jpgHuron with bow and club. I believe the 'armor' was made of porcupine quills; maybe reeds.

Iroquois.jpgIroquois. note the red coat (how can you not?); presumably working with the English army in the 18th century. I doubt he would be wielding the musket and tomahawk at the same time. moccasins, leggings, ammo pouch. and war paint.

Oct 2016
Merryland
D-Day war paint.jpgspecial unit applying war paint before D-Day.
part of the 'filthy thirteen' (which inspired the Dirty Dozen). their Sergeant was a Choctaw.