The book of Ezéchiel

Jan 2019
Belgium
Hello everybody,

I would remain "serious"....

How do you interpret the book of Ezechiel 1-15?
Personally... apart from an alien ship... I don’t see ...
Now ... I am not an expert in the interpretation of ancient texts ...
If anyone has a "other" interpretation than an alien visitor... I would be very happy ...

Thank you .

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
Hello everybody,

If anyone has a "other" interpretation than an alien visitor... I would be very happy ...

Thank you .
The notion of a spaceship being described in the Book Of Ezechiel occurred for the fist time( as far as i know) In "Astounding Science Fiction" in the late 1950's--early 1960's. The article was allegedly written by 'a Russian scientist'

There was also a book, called "The Spaceships Of Ezekiel" : (1973)

The Spaceships of Ezekiel (1974) is a book by Josef F. Blumrich (March 17, 1913 – February 10, 2002) about a spaceship that was supposedly observed by the prophet Ezekiel, written while the author was chief of NASA's systems layout branch of the program development office at the Marshall Space Flight Center.[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8] It was originally published in German by Econ Verlag GmbH under the title Da tat sich der Himmel auf (March 1973).[9]

.The Spaceships of Ezekiel - Wikipedia

My opinion; " Woo" belonging to the Ufology crackpot fringe.

It is an example of the hardwired human need for order .We use this to see shapes in clouds, images on burnt toast, in Ufology and in conspiracy theories.

People see something unusual , they so try to make sense of in the simplest way possible; by using their own experiences and knowledge. OR they don't like the simple, but usually true explanation, so they invent a complex solution

The article linked below is worth reading:

"Humans have a tendency to see patterns everywhere. That’s important when making decisions and judgments and acquiring knowledge; we tend to be uneasy with chaos and chance (Gilovich, 1991). Unfortunately, that same tendency to see patterns in everything can lead to seeing things that don’t exist.

• Hearing messages when playing records backwards
  • Seeing faces on Mars, in the clouds and on mountainsides
  • Seeing the Virgin Mary on a piece of toast
  • Superstitious beliefs of all types
  • Sports Illustrated Jinx (a jinx occurs leading to poor performance, caused by being featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated magazine; see here)
  • Spotlight effect (everyone is looking and paying attention to me)
  • Hot hand in basketball
  • Conspiracy theories
Those are just a few of the many examples of pattern recognition gone awry."

Patterns: The Need for Order

Jan 2019
Belgium
Yes you have right ; your answer is logical and intelligent .

But here it's not an idea
We have there the terms of the Bible itself ...

What is your explanation about this text ?
Any kind of explanation...I'm either ufologist ,and either believer ...
The problem is that I didn't see nothing others than a ufo ship in this text ....

Last edited:
Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
Yes you have right ; your answer is logical and intelligent .

But here it's not an idea
We have there the terms of the Bible itself ...

What is your explanation about this text ?
Any kind of explanation...I'm either ufologist ,and either believer ...
I do not except the Bible as a credible source for anything. It is a religious for believers, not a history book or a text book. i will not enter into any discusaion in which the Bible is claimed to be ora reliable source.r

I have no explanation, nor do I need one. You raised the question, not I.. The burden of proof is yours.

I've given you my best answer. Accept it, don't accept it, up to you. I have nothing further to say

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Seeing the Virgin Mary on a piece of toast
Among the Christians, Virgin Mary was recurrently seen in several battles, but often Saints, Angels and Archangels also made their appearances. Curiously these appearances seem always leading to victory, even if the foes could have exactly the same religion.

Aug 2018
Canada
i would guess they are the great aggressive double walled round cities like mari, baghdad and take your pick of the ones in iran.
but personally since i think the bible originally took place in a more central european context they could be the early aggressive [cannibalistic] double round "cities" of central/eastern europe or even "cities" like arkaim.

peace

Oct 2018
Adelaide south Australia
i would guess they are the great aggressive double walled round cities like mari, baghdad and take your pick of the ones in iran.
but personally since i think the bible originally took place in a more central european context they could be the early aggressive [cannibalistic] double round "cities" of central/eastern europe or even "cities" like arkaim.

peace

Evidence?.

As Salaam Alaikum

(not Muslim, just being polite)

Jan 2019
Belgium
I do not except the Bible as a credible source for anything. It is a religious for believers, not a history book

I agree with your idea... in general cases.... but not in this precise case .
Here you didn't have a history about anything that could have an influence on everything who will follow furthers in the story .
You have only a description of what is happend (like he said...) ,and it's not an "conventional description" like an angels,or the Virgin Mary ; it's a complete and precise description of something that was very "special", and who didn't come back again further in his writtings .
For somebody who is "logic" ,nobody would spent his time to write a full imaginary story so strange and complex without use them further in the story that he is telling .
It's my opinion in any case ...

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Hello everybody,

Thank you .
I think the interpretation you pose is too difficult , because it asking for an interpretation of just that one line.

And also, which version of the translation, they vary ;

New International Version
As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces.

New Living Translation
As I looked at these beings, I saw four wheels touching the ground beside them, one wheel belonging to each.

English Standard Version
Now as I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, one for each of the four of them.

Berean Study Bible
When I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces.

New American Standard Bible
Now as I looked at the living beings, behold, there was one wheel on the earth beside the living beings, for each of the four of them.

King James Bible
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

Christian Standard Bible
When I looked at the living creatures, there was one wheel on the ground beside each of the four-faced creatures.

Contemporary English Version
I then noticed that on the ground beside each of the four living creatures was a wheel,

Good News Translation
As I was looking at the four creatures I saw four wheels touching the ground, one beside each of them.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
When I looked at the living creatures, there was one wheel on the ground beside each creature that had four faces.

International Standard Version
As I observed the living beings, I noticed one wheel on the earth beside each being—that is, for the four of them.

NET Bible
Then I looked, and I saw one wheel on the ground beside each of the four beings.

New Heart English Bible
Now as I saw the living creatures, look, there was a wheel on the ground beside each living creature with it's four faces.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each of them.

JPS Tanakh 1917
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel at the bottom hard by the living creatures, at the four faces thereof.

New American Standard 1977
Now as I looked at the living beings, behold, there was one wheel on the earth beside the living beings, for each of the four of them.

Jubilee Bible 2000
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold a wheel upon the earth with its four rims by the living creatures.

King James 2000 Bible
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold, a wheel upon the earth beside the living creatures, with its four faces.

American King James Version
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel on the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

American Standard Version
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold, one wheel upon the earth beside the living creatures, for each of the four faces thereof.

Brenton Septuagint Translation
And I looked, and, behold, the four had each one wheel on the ground near the living creatures.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Now as I beheld the living creatures, there appeared upon the earth by the living creatures one wheel with four faces.

Darby Bible Translation
And I looked at the living creatures, and behold, one wheel upon the earth beside the living creatures, toward their four faces.

English Revised Version
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth beside the living creatures, for each of the four faces thereof.

Webster's Bible Translation
Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

World English Bible
Now as I saw the living creatures, behold, one wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, for each of the four faces of it.

Young's Literal Translation
And I see the living creatures, and lo, one wheel is in the earth, near the living creatures, at its four faces.

Basically we have creatures with four wheels on the ground . Either the creatures have four faces , or 4 creatures have a wheel before their faces.

Sounds more like a chariot than any 'alien ship' .

For a better analysis , I suggest incorporating more of Ezekial's ...... VISION .

Jan 2019
Belgium
Yes ....
Thank you for the translations ....but it's true that I'm quite surprised by the number of translations ...

But basically it’s the same thing: the margin of error on the translation must be of the same order as the one on the description .
Either way, he saw something very weird, which he took the trouble to describe, and he never served the story any further
so at first ... he is sincere in what he describes even if he has completely mistaken for the rest .
But what could it have seen?

Similar History Discussions