The Century Timeline - A hobby community project

Mar 2018
UK
Yep thats hat I've been doing so far but, well there's a lot of days you know. And thanks for pointing out errors, I'll get to fixing them soon.
There are over 35,000 of them. I would strongly discourage anyone from doing anything 35,000 times. It's probably faster, and you'll learn a lot more along the way, by teaching yourself how to code and write a bot that can trawl through wikipedia entries for dates.

Oct 2018
Australia
The OP can't count.
When 6 of 7 colonies finally decided to federate in 1899, they picked a date, the first day of the new century. They waited over a year and a new country of Australia arose on the 1st of January, 1901. The Colony of New Zealand decided to go it alone.

Oct 2019
United Kingdom
The OP can't count.
When 6 of 7 colonies finally decided to federate in 1899, they picked a date, the first day of the new century. They waited over a year and a new country of Australia arose on the 1st of January, 1901. The Colony of New Zealand decided to go it alone.
Another reason for asking others to have a look at this project is to help find errors so I'm always happy to receive corrections however as far as I can see I do have the Commonwealth of Australia forming on January 1st 1901. Is there something more technical I should be aware of here? Again looking forward to input.

Nov 2016
Germany
Here are some dates from the career of Marilyn Monroe, the most famous movie star of all time.

1 June 1926 Norma Jeane Mortenson (later Marilyn Monroe) is born.

2 August 1945 Norma Jeane Dougherty (later Marilyn Monroe, married to Jim Dougherty) starts her professional model career with the Blue Book Modelling Agency in Los Angeles.

24 August 1946 On the advice of her agent Ben Lyon, Norma Jeane Dougherty adopts the stage name ´Marilyn Monroe´.

18 June 1952 Marilyn Monroe´s first film with her in a leading role, ´Don´t bother to knock´, is premiered.

1 July 1953 The film ´Gentlemen prefer Blondes´ with Marilyn Monroe in one of the leading roles is premiered.

1 December 1953 The first ´Playboy´ magazine appears with Marilyn Monroe on the cover.

14 January 1954 Marilyn Monroe marries US baseball star Joe DiMaggio.

7 January 1955 Marilyn Monroe founds her own film production company, the ´Marilyn Monroe Productions´.

1 June 1955 The film ´Seven Year Itch´ with Marilyn Monroe premieres. It features the famous scene with the white dress blown up by the wind from a subway shaft. (The wind was generated artificially, because the usual breeze from an underground shaft is not so strong)

29 June 1956 Marilyn Monroe marries the playwright Arthur Miller.

29 March 1959 The film ´Some Like It Hot´ with Marilyn Monroe premieres. It is considered the best American film comedy of all time.

1 February 1961 The film ´The Misfits´ with Marilyn Monroe has its premiere. It is her last completed film.

19 May 1962 Marilyn Monroe gives a spectacular birthday serenade at the birthday party of US president John F. Kennedy.

4 August 1962 Marilyn Monroe dies in her hacienda in 12305 Fifth Helena Drive, Brentwood, Los Angeles. The cause of death is drug poisoning, presumably carried out by an unknown person.

Last edited: