The Crown of Thorns

Nov 2016
Germany
Shroud of Turin Is a Fake, Bloodstains Suggest
This is well known and widely accepted. Here is a passage from my Navy CIS parody from 2015:

ABBY:
Sorry, Gibbs. Well, I found something you should know.

She points to a long laboratory table, on which a cloth is spread out showing the outline of a man.

ABBY:
The alleged shroud of Christ, which for his organization is proof of his existence 2000 years ago.

She activates several windows with spectral analyses on the monitor.

ABBY:
I took samples from the material and cleaned them microscopically. Then I burnt the samples and converted the resulting carbon dioxide into graphite pellets, which then were measured in the mass spectrometer....

GIBBS:
Abby...

ABBY:
Sorry, Gibbs. My measurements confirmed the measurements of other institutes: the cloth is 800 years old at the most. If this Christ or his organization claims that it is almost 2000 years old, then this contradicts the opinion of...

She caresses the device.

ABBY:
... Major Mass Spectrometer. And he's never wrong.

GIBBS:
Well done, Abby. Is that all you got?

ABBY:
But no, you know me.

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Last edited:
Nov 2016
Germany
The evidence cannot be summarily dismissed in a skit like that or by reference one highly disputable forensic examination.
It was not my intention to present Abby's findings as a thorough treatise on the subject, especially as I agree with the moderator that the issue is all over.

Aug 2014
Australia
I suggest that if people want to discuss this in any serious manner, we should have another thread. The evidence cannot be summarily dismissed in a skit like that or by reference one highly disputable forensic examination.
Of course it can. The shroud is a joke. There is huge difference between being skeptical and being in denial. It is physically impossible for that 2D image to be transferred from a 3D face.

If you transfer a 3D face onto a sheet that is wrapped around the head and then open it up flat, this is what it looks like.

Last edited: