The current plight of Native Americans, African Americans, Maoris, and the Aborigines

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Aug 2018
Southern Indiana

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Has there been a complicated history, including dispossession, massacres, ethnic cleansing, slavery, genocide etc... ? Of course

But then which human group has NOT suffered the above in their history ?

The difference is that some have forgotten and/or forgiven and moved on...... Others keep on excusing their own failures by refering to their tragic history (whose is not ?).... If you've had equal rights for 2 or 3+ generations, whatever tragedy your ancestors may have suffered in the past is really not an excuse....

Just a simple example... In just 10 years , starting from scratch the chinese have build more mileage of high speed railroads than the rest of the world combined (At over 25 000 km... to compare France which has been at it since the 1980s has less than 3 000 km as has Japan) since forever.... Did the chinese whine and moan about how the opium wars, dispossession , colonization etc... kept them from having high speed trains ? Nope.. They just built them high speed tracks (among many other things).....

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Has there been a complicated history, including dispossession, massacres, ethnic cleansing, slavery, genocide etc... ? Of course

But then which human group has NOT suffered the above in their history ?
Mine hasn't.
The difference is that some have forgotten and/or forgiven and moved on...... Others keep on excusing their own failures by refering to their tragic history (whose is not ?).... If you've had equal rights for 2 or 3+ generations, whatever tragedy your ancestors may have suffered in the past is really not an excuse....

The point is, most of these people DO NOT have EQUAL rights . Thats why this thread is about the CURRENT plight of ...... as per title .

Just a simple example... In just 10 years , starting from scratch the chinese have build more mileage of high speed railroads than the rest of the world combined (At over 25 000 km... to compare France which has been at it since the 1980s has less than 3 000 km as has Japan) since forever.... Did the chinese whine and moan about how the opium wars, dispossession , colonization etc... kept them from having high speed trains ? Nope.. They just built them high speed tracks (among many other things).....
Brilliant analogy ! :rolleyes:

So the Native Americans, American Africans, Maori and Austraalian Aboriginals should shut up about their opression and build a giant railroad .

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Mine hasn't.

The point is, most of these people DO NOT have EQUAL rights . Thats why this thread is about the CURRENT plight of ...... as per title .

Brilliant analogy ! :rolleyes:

So the Native Americans, American Africans, Maori and Austraalian Aboriginals should shut up about their opression and build a giant railroad .
Just curious as to which group you might be part of that did not suffer through its history ?

Could you provide evidence as to how afro americans , american indians and other natives do NOT have equal rights ?

You missed the point that it was not an analogy but an example... An example of people having had a difficult history, but moving on and doing great things instead of whining...

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Just curious as to which group you might be part of that did not suffer through its history ?
Yes, I shall answer your questions even though you refuse to answer mine in other thread . Maybe becasue i DO have the answers and I can back up my claims .

I am of the 'group' of' white European ' who lived in Australia for the last 250 years or so. We have never suffered dispossession, (although thats how we got our land in the first place, by dispossing it from others) massacres (although we massacred others ), ethnic cleansing ( although we organised citizens with guns and urged them to go out and shoot people and particularly not to spare the woman and children so they will not continue breeding - but some say that is not genocide ) , slavery ( althugh we made slaves of others), genocide(already addresses)

Could you provide evidence as to how afro americans , american indians and other natives do NOT have equal rights ?
Thats a loaded question 'and other natives' . As I said, its about the title of this thread and a 'plight' would not exist in the first place if the DID have equal rights . I can however speak about the indigenous in my own country ...watch the whole film referred to below for an introduction and an education. Your comments in the other thread about Australia ( and which you refuse to address) clearly show you have a lack of education and work on assumption, in this area .

You missed the point that it was not an analogy but an example... An example of people having had a difficult history, but moving on and doing great things instead of whining...
So, you see seeking equality and justice as 'whining' do you ?

People want their family land (that has been theirs for 1000s of years ) back and you call that whining

1550698343452.png

Yet, if someone comes and takes your land , that's illegal and you can 'fight for justice' , and not be a whiner at all .

And you cant see anything here but 'equal rights' . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Yes, I shall answer your questions even though you refuse to answer mine in other thread . Maybe becasue i DO have the answers and I can back up my claims .

Before addressing your points could you point me to that "other thread" where I "refuse to answer your questions"

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Hands up all those who are going to give up their homes and property and hand them over to the natives out of a desire to right past wrongs?

Why would we do that ? Land rights claims have nothing to do with 'our homes ' . But nice attempt to try and get some emotive reaction stirred up about it .

" Aboriginal people can only claim vacant government-owned land ("Crown land") under the Native Title Act and they must prove a continuous relationship with this land. "Freehold title" is land owned by individual owners, companies or local councils. Such lands cannot be claimed