The death of Edward IV

Dec 2012
UK
Oh well, in that case it was quite reasonable that he should want to get rid of his nephews. No blame attaches to him at all then.
You made a statement which was not accurate - I merely pointed out that Richard had three children which he provided for.

Louise C

Ad Honorem
Jan 2011
Southeast England
You made a statement which was not accurate - I merely pointed out that Richard had three children which he provided for.
Well, I imagine he could have provided quite adequately for his children without deposing and murdering his nephews. I doubt it is what his brother would have considered 'loyalty'. And it did him no good, he was king for only two years before he was killed at Bosworth. i doubt very much that his children figured much in his calculations, I think he was motivated purely by ambition.

Crystal Rainbow

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
Cumbernauld Scotland
Richard had looked after George the duke of Clarence's children as his own son Edward, he also looked after the late Edward IV offspring as well as his own.

Dec 2012
UK
Well, I imagine he could have provided quite adequately for his children without deposing and murdering his nephews. I doubt it is what his brother would have considered 'loyalty'. And it did him no good, he was king for only two years before he was killed at Bosworth. i doubt very much that his children figured much in his calculations, I think he was motivated purely by ambition.
So, Louise C, when did he start to be motivated by ambition?

Louise C

Ad Honorem
Jan 2011
Southeast England
Richard had looked after George the duke of Clarence's children as his own son Edward, he also looked after the late Edward IV offspring as well as his own.
yeah, he looked after Edward's children really well, so well that two of them vanished altogether.