THE DIARY OF A YOUNG GIRL by Anne Frank

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
So, how much of the published book was actually written by Anne? Supposedly a lot was added by her father and I read that some Mirjam Pressler added some 25 % for a 1991 version of the book by revising and editing things "creatively", which even qualified her for copyrights or something. I don't know if she added her own stuff as well, I know the father, Otto Frank did quite a bit, as it was established by handwriting analysis, iirc. How much of the book is actually real unchanged Anne Frank? For me, that affects my perception of the book and lowers its value quite a bit.

Mar 2019
Kansas
So, how much of the published book was actually written by Anne? Supposedly a lot was added by her father and I read that some Mirjam Pressler added some 25 % for a 1991 version of the book by revising and editing things "creatively", which even qualified her for copyrights or something. I don't know if she added her own stuff as well, I know the father, Otto Frank did quite a bit, as it was established by handwriting analysis, iirc. How much of the book is actually real unchanged Anne Frank? For me, that affects my perception of the book and lowers its value quite a bit.
Unfortunately it does seem money played a role in the evolution and publication of the diaries. The good news is both her original diaries remain intact and under museum conditions, so future generations will be able to get a true understanding of what she and so many other went through during those dark times.

Similar History Discussions