The disparition of Jerry Lewis

May 2017
France
Hello.Today a lot of french people are sad.The comic actor Jerry Lewis has left us.This extraordinary man,known in all the world,was an exceptional actor,but also a man with an enormous personality.After a long career,he has introduced in France the princip of the "teleton" in the purpose to help the children sick.During twenty years (1987-2007) he has created the basis of the total charity for difficult problems of health.Good bye Jerry.

May 2017
France
Hello.Jerry Lewis was knight and later commandeur de la Legion d Honneur,distinction created by Napoleon.
But in his famous sketch "the council of administration" he was able to laugh about the leaders of the society.....

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
I freely admit that I have never understood the French fascination with Jerry Lewis. I always found him to be awkward, very un-funny, not a little stupid and silly in a not-good way. The best thing about Jerry Lewis was his partner, Dean Martin.

Jan 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
I freely admit that I have never understood the French fascination with Jerry Lewis. I always found him to be awkward, very un-funny, not a little stupid and silly in a not-good way. The best thing about Jerry Lewis was his partner, Dean Martin.
Since I was about seven years old, I've felt the same way. Before that, I thought he was really funny.

Similar History Discussions