The Dyatlov tragedy (1959)

Jul 2017
Crows nest
Take your pick of these three scenarios. The first two are credible, the third disputable.

1: The contours of the ground combined with the wind on that night caused a low frequency sound that effects the mind, thus causing them to be overwhelmed by panic and cut their way out of the tent and flee. By the time they came to their senses it was too late for them.

2: A mini avalanche collapsed part of the tent having the same effect of panic.

3: On the night in question an R-7 rocket was fired from Baikonur to the test range at Novaya Zemlya. The trajectory passes over the camp site, which also happens to be in the area where the second stage motors are released. Over the years these elements get found in the area, including fuel containers, sometimes still containing fuel that can cause hallucinations if breathed in. There is no record of any rocket parts being found in the area though when the search parties found the bodies. However, the "lights in the sky" reported by the Mansi indigenous people will have been from R-7 rockets, a fact that would certainly been kept secret back then, and also where the 2nd stage motors landed, meaning they may have been found in the search area but never appeared on the report.

The forensic reports recorded nothing unusual, with radiation levels normal and damage to the bodies, including a "ripped out tounge", typical of the damage done by scavenging animals, which go for the soft parts first.

Jul 2017
Crows nest
Bears, wolves, wolverines, foxes, lynx, and then there are crows and ravens which will certainly take eyes, and I think a raven would be strong enough to rip a tounge out of a gaping mouth, with some effort and tries.

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
Some weird scenarios. Gushchin published a version that the group was victim of a bomb test, most likely a neutron one, after which in order to preserve the secret, the death of tourists in extreme natural conditions was staged. Axelrod's scenario is about an avalanche provoked by an anthropogenic factor, an explosion for example. Volovich's version is about the impact of some weapons on the psyche of tourists, as a result of which they temporarily lost their minds and crippled each other. According to the version of Rakitin several members of the Dyatlov group were undercover KGB agents and they were supposed to give to the foreign agents disguised as another tourist group important disinformation regarding soviet nuclear technology, but something went wrong and all of Dyatlov group was murdered.

Dec 2014
Spain
Really a great mystery... unsolved....My theory (without any kind of evidence) is the group was in the wrong place in the wrong moment. I think secret weapons were teasted those days in that area... but as I said... not evidence.. simply elucubration... I think I have the autopsies (in Russian).... If I found I will post here.

But in a military logic,there is something completely illogical.When you have different expériences of the using of the artillery,you know that several months before,you close completely the space of the shoots.It is practiced since the time of Souvorov.How is it possible that the tourists make a Journey in a scientific area without the autorisation of the army,it is impossible,it is absolutely impossible.

Dec 2014
Spain
Likey they were testing secret weapons (secret forces) not artillery at all....not bombs at all....maybe Weapons based on G-Forces or Gravity.

They were not boys scouts as the Duck Donald´s sons... but experiment hikers.. with several engineers (not illetarete) and one WW2 veteran as he was the guide and the instructor.

All of them panicked in the middle of the night and left the tent almost naked (being aware of what that meant) ... but they saw or heard something or someone who terrified them enough to panic (and it's not the wind .. please ... none of them was a 3 years old).

Similar History Discussions