The Dyatlov tragedy (1959)

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
They left the tent almost naked and running in the middle of a winter-night..in Russia nor in Cuba...

People run towards trees... tent is not destroyed by any snowslide....the snow you can see is only accumulation because days snowing. Also the rescue group found material didn´t belong to the Group (so that means somebody was there before them... likely soldiers).

Kirialax

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
Blachernai
Take your pick of these three scenarios. The first two are credible, the third disputable.

1: The contours of the ground combined with the wind on that night caused a low frequency sound that effects the mind, thus causing them to be overwhelmed by panic and cut their way out of the tent and flee. By the time they came to their senses it was too late for them.
I found the argument of Eichar pretty convincing on this point.

May 2017
France
There is something in this story which is not clear.If it is artillery at long or short shoots,with classic explosives or nuclear ones (neutrons) the commandment knows exactly the space of the targets and closes it.If it is an aviation bombing there is an order of flight,and in the plane an order of bombing.It is the basis of the regulation.

martin76

Ad Honorem
Dec 2014
Spain
There is none theory to explain each fact:

1st: They left the Tent in the middle of the night (around 23.00 PM....autopsies.)

2nd: they broke the tent from inside....Why?

3rd: They run as it is proved because footsprint.

4th: At least two of them were almost naked without shoes, socks etc

5th: at least one corpse had white hair (evidence big panic)

6th: Althougth some corpses lost some extremities (we can see because animals)...one corpse had the tongue cut off (any animal can cut a tongue off).

7th: Radioactivity in corpse and clothe

8th: There is material didn´t belong to the group

9th: not footmarks save the group

10th: Forensic it is clear: unknown and irresistible force as if they would have been hit by a car (G-Forces?)

If somebody can explain 10 points...for sure he knows what happened...

My theory is about G-Forces secret weapons... Bears are not radiactive. .they don´t cutt off tongues.. they leave foostrpint...and they don´t kill as a "unkonw and irresistible force"...also it is possible the scene was "made"..and they were killed in other place.

it is not necessary to be "Hercule Poirot" to watch an artillery landscape as in photo it is very different to Dyatlov pass landscape...

The last photo taken by Dyatlov around 23 PM... when took place what ever happened...

What´s ? I don´t know... it is clear is a bad photo, taken in a hurry when they are leaving the tent

Mar 2016
Australia
This has always been my favourite historical mystery. Both deeply enthralling and very creepy. It reminds me somewhat of my favourite horror movie, The Blair Witch Project. Whenever some posits a logical and believable theory that seems to wrap up everything and explain it all, there's always one detail that throws it all off and leaves us in confusion again. I don't think we'll ever know what really happened that night.

Dec 2014
Spain
This has always been my favourite historical mystery. Both deeply enthralling and very creepy. It reminds me somewhat of my favourite horror movie, The Blair Witch Project. Whenever some posits a logical and believable theory that seems to wrap up everything and explain it all, there's always one detail that throws it all off and leaves us in confusion again. I don't think we'll ever know what really happened that night.

I have lot sources about Dyatlov (also autopsies I think)... I agree with you... likely we are never going to know what´s really happened that night....Russian IS are not interested to know....better to say.. not interested people know what happened.

As you know... sputnik News (as RT) are Russian propaganda and misinformation agencies of the Russian Intelligence Services (European and USA alto they have, of coursee.. nobody is a little angel). According with Sputnik News...

New theory about Dyatlov pass... it is everything was a "Love Triangle!!!!!" :(:( Yes a Love triangle between Komonorova - Dyatlov and Doroshenko.... Dyatlov had sex with Komonorova.. but Komonorova still loved in secret to Doroshenko....:love::love: a Naughty girl really!

That night.. the Passions were unleashed...and there was a great fight between Dyatlov and Doroshenko....fighting for Komorova (Fatal Attraction).:oops::oops::oops:

So... 9 peopled died... they broke the tent... hysterical and terrified, fleeing at night naked to 25 below zero ... because two guys thought with the C. instead of the brain! (I don´t want to think why was getting white hair of one of the girls... maybe "panicked" with the size of.... a Really "Monster"....

Russians have always been great masters in the noble art of manipulation, misinformation and intoxication ...
I expected something more elaborate and much better from them .... the new generations do not escape the general stupidity of the Western world ..

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
Google translates 'los indígenas mansi' from the Spanish article above as 'the Mansi Indians' for some strange reason, heh.

One of the members of expedition Nikolai Vladimirovich Thibeaux-Brignolles was apparently half-french. His father was french.

EDIT: I was wrong. Nikolai's great-grandfather Francois Thibault, born in Brignoles, then Kingdom of France, came to Russia and settled in St. Petersburg at the very beginning of the XIX century.

Tibo broken wings

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions