The European Union.

Sep 2007
athens,greece
Republic, arts, theatre...anyway, I won't go into that discussion, thank you, I have nothing more to say.For you, probably, Greek people contributed nothing to anything. Every opinion is to be respected, but for someone to compare the Greek or Roman civilization with the Sumerians...

Sep 2006
Korea (but I'm American!)
Republic, arts, theatre...anyway, I won't go into that discussion, thank you, I have nothing more to say.For you, probably, Greek people contributed nothing to anything. Every opinion is to be respected, but for someone to compare the Greek or Roman civilization with the Sumerians...
I didn't say that Greece contributed nothing to the world. It may be where Western civilization began, but it was not the birthplace of all civilization. Just 1 of many.

I think the EU is the begining to a kinda of world unity. Later on there could be an Asian, American, African, South Pacific, or African Union.

Maybe even a contintental union.
IF the majority of the people of the US have their say, I don't see a North Americian Union in my lifetime. It may happen some day but the vast majority of the people do not want one. Liz

Sep 2007
athens,greece
Still, I believe that the extention of the EU is very important. Personally, I had the fortune to meet fellow students from Lithuania and Latvia, exactly because their transfer to our university was made easier according to the rules of the Union. It is a kind of unity, and I am saying that out of a personal experience.

Jul 2006
Hellas
Greece is where civilisation was born. quote]

Civilization was not born in Greece. Greece had nothing to do with the birth of Chinese and East Asia civilization nor anything to do with those of the Western Hemisphere. Nor was it the birthplace of Sumerian, Indus valley, or Egyptian civilizations to name a few.
OMG why do you be extreme?

Has anyone denied this or do you mean that we don;t know history.
I think that we had good discussion about Korean and eastern civilization in other topics.