The first government/s and entire evolution of governments to the newest most up to date starting from the Neolithic era to today in the entire world?

Aug 2019
United Kingdom
How can it not be relevant? If the Sumerian’s are the earliest recorded civilisation, then are not the earliest government institutions and punishments meted out by the same not relevant?

I think that you miss the point sir. Instead of assuming what the earliest institutions, big or small, did, investigating the cuneiform texts will let you know precisely. You can therefore change any assumptions to fact, and build your discussions and arguments on fact.

I am sorry to cause any problems but I thought my post might have made someone look at the discussion from a different perspective. Good day to you sir.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
How can it not be relevant? If the Sumerian’s are the earliest recorded civilisation, then are not the earliest government institutions and punishments meted out by the same not relevant?

I think that you miss the point sir. Instead of assuming what the earliest institutions, big or small, did, investigating the cuneiform texts will let you know precisely. You can therefore change any assumptions to fact, and build your discussions and arguments on fact.

I am sorry to cause any problems but I thought my post might have made someone look at the discussion from a different perspective. Good day to you sir.
It's up to you. You can comply with my warning, or I can kick you out of the thread.

Dec 2017
Regnum Teutonicum
@Naomasa298
In response to #19:
It doesn't seem to be this way, at least with chimpanzees. A while ago I posted a documentary about a wild group of chimpanzee constantly monitored over years by scientists. There was the example of one male which brutally bullied its way to the top position, after the first alpha male was getting old. The new alpha male did what it wanted to do. But then another male which was high in the ranking, but by far not the strongest male, did challenge the new alpha male and it won. The reason was that it had started building alliances with the big guys and followed a strategy. Together they took out the new alpha male. On the way to the top it even defeated its old friend, the old alpha male and was able afterwards to keep the friendship/alliance. So primate alpha males can't do simply what they want, they have to work with the others. Another interesting chimpanzee from this group was one individual which was simply not interested in gaining the top position. Nevertheless the other chimpanzees seemed to like it and had so much respect for this male, that it could influence them constantly to do its favourite activity: war. It was not high in the hierachy, but could influence the group to start patrols, look for neighbouring groups and then kill them, if this male had decided, that the chances for attack were good. So with chimpanzees even lower ranked males can have influence and make important decisions.

Similar History Discussions