The first Muslim dynasty of Kashmir was established by Swatis of Tajik-Afghan roots

Jun 2015
Your Attic
Persian is the most likely theory I think.

They could be Dardic, as you said. But we have another Dard dynasty called Chak originating at the same time. The name of Chaks like Lankar, Pandu, Kaji clearly refelct the Dardic nature.

On the other hand names like Shah Mir, Jamshed, Sikander reflects the Persian nature.

Some scholars also propose the Turkic origin, but I think there is no Turkic element in the names of Shah Mir rulers.
Gabari was mentioned as a distinct language than farsi though....

Jun 2015
Your Attic
According to Abdul Hai Habibi

"Two brothers were the famous rulers of this dynasty—Sultan Pakhel and Sultan Bahram. They were the sons of Sultan Kohjaman Hindu. Sultan Pakhel is believed to have ruled over an area extending from Laghman to Kunar, Bajawar, Swat and as far as Kashmir. The region was named after him and in the Kunar valley his writings still exist. After his death it is believed that a major battle was fought between his sons. Sultan Bahram resumed power over Laghman and Nangarhar and expelled his enemies to Peshawar. He made Papin in Spinghar his ruling center. He conquered lands as far as Kashmir once again and spread his sultanate all the way to Kabul to the west."

http://alamahabibi.com/English Articles/A Century of Pashtun Leaders.htm

Aug 2014
pakistan
Feb 2014
Asia
AfghanistanBactriaAriana said:
Gabari was mentioned as a distinct language than farsi though....
Your own source state these kings as Hindu: "They were the sons of Sultan Kohjaman Hindu"
In other words they were still Hindu in 15th century and Shah Mir dynasty was undoubtedly Muslim from the 14th century. Rather many Dards like Chak family adopted Islam after coming in contact with the Shah Mirs.
I agree , Siknadar-i-Zulqarnain, may not be Cyrus the great but most of the hints points towards him. "Zolqarnain" means one with two horns and in the wall relief , Cyrus is shown with two horns...there are also plenty of other clues
In coins Alexander is also depicted with two horns. Also in Iranian legends "Sikander"was exclusively used for Alexander, there is no Sikander in Kayani dynasty. Isn't Cyrus was equated with Kay Lohrasp of Kayani dynasty ?

Aupmanyav

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
New Delhi, India
"The Old Persian name "kuruš" has been interpreted in various forms from "the sun", "like sun", "young", "hero" to "humiliator of the enemy in verbal contest" and the Elamite "kuraš" has been translated as one "who bestows care". The name has appeared on many monuments and inscriptions in Old Persian. There is also the record of a small inscription in Morghab (southwestern Iran) on which there is the sentence (adam kūruš xšāyaƟiya haxāmanišiya) in Old Persian meaning (I am Cyrus the Achaemenian King)."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrus

Was Cyrus a Kuru (like the Kauravas and Pandavas in Mahabharata)?

Aug 2014
pakistan
But Hindu is a name here... but in case of Kohjaman Hindu, it is indicating a kind of epithet.

What will you infer if I say Ahmed Shah Hindu or Sher Shah Hindu ?
Hai Habibi is a very weak authority. I have entire book about Gabaris with me and no person by name of 'Kohjaman Hindu' appears in it. Hai Habibi is declaring Sultan Pakhl and Sultan Bahram as 'Pashtun leaders' which is incorrect and his assigning 15th century period to them is also incorrect. We are basically going in the wrong direction by focusing on 'Kohjaman Hindu'. The last Sultan of Swat in his list before Yousafzais in "Sultan Tomna" while its Sultan Owais in documented history.

The names of Sultan Pakhl and his brother Sultan Bahram appears in "Tazkirat-ul-Abrar-wal-Ashrar" and their brief history is given because Akhund Darewza's maternal family was their descendants.