The "Gilets Jaunes" in France: a revolution unfolding in front of our eyes ?

Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Let's say that the belligerent formulation You used is a bit far from what's happening on the ground.

There are some quite violent elements amongst les gilets, but we're still not in a civil war with commandos attacking official buildings.

Let's not exaggerate.
Don't be a spoilsport, what would France be without an occasional revolution?

May 2017
France
Ah Ah Ah !!!!! The unic battle of Brégançon took place in 1578.The huguenots of Provence had took the fort,defended by a poor company of the catholic navy.The leader of the royal catholic corp of Provence, de Vins,went with a strong force and after to days of fight,recuperated the fort.All the huguenots were slaughtered.
But today,i can not imagine that american workers could take sticks and stones to attack the "white house".It is really special.

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
You don't seem to understand the point I was making. Macron has been consistently unpopular, with the majority of population opposed to his policies and in support of the protests. There is something called legitimacy, a government which lacks legitimacy should return the mandate to the people. If Macron is unable to realize his policies due to popular backlash, the most reasonable thing to do is resign and start a fresh electoral process.

As for the policies you advocate, they obviously favor a very narrow clique of super rich individuals and the politicians who are under their thumb. The points you're making are just a typical excuse for further wealth redistrubution from the poor to the rich.
You've got to be kidding. You've consistently championed the sovereignty of Syria and the Assad regime that controls the country. Tell me, what legitimacy does Assad have?

May 2017
France
Riot in Paris;15h.A little band of the Garde Mobile,conducted by a subofficer, rushes in front of a group of "yellow jerseys" on the Senghor bridge,and récupérâtes the passage.An ex boxing champion of France comes,jump on the bridge and attacks alone the five men.Under the terrible series of kicks of the old sportman,the Garde Mobile chooses the retreat under the smile of hundreds of people and turists.

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
Riot in Paris;15h.A little band of the Garde Mobile,conducted by a subofficer, rushes in front of a group of "yellow jerseys" on the Senghor bridge,and récupérâtes the passage.An ex boxing champion of France comes,jump on the bridge and attacks alone the five men.Under the terrible series of kicks of the old sportman,the Garde Mobile chooses the retreat under the smile of hundreds of people and turists.
Yes, it became viral.

Looking at it, I am asking myself: what is he "manifesting" for?

May 2017
France
Now,a lot of "cahiers of doleances" (expression of 1789) are joined.The first point is social justice,the second point is fiscal justice,the third point is territorial justice,and the fourth point is "liberty of circulation" (critics about the taxes about petrol).