The "Gilets Jaunes" in France: a revolution unfolding in front of our eyes ?

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
How could you tell? ....
Well, I do live a betche more at south than You, remember?

Will, I have nothing against protesting.
But when someone is protesting because he's a poor worker (You know this new class appearing in Europe: having a job, but so badly paid that he's becoming poorer, no matter how much he works), he doesn't have enough for living so he gets in the streets and puts fire on cars of people that are in the same situation as his? He puts fire on corner shops, owned by people as poor as himself?

Nah, the real ones, are long time marginalised by hooliganism. It's what's happening in unstructured protests: the protests are taken over, cannibalised, confiscated, used. It happened all over the history.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
Actually the "gendarmes" are the unbroken descendant of the first permanent regiment in France
they were the king's own Gent d'arms
while they wereunder the defense ministry , since 2009 they are also jointly under the interior ministry
they are to this day military police , in non urban area they work as police but have a military structure
military equipment , up to armor and lived in barracks ( not so much now)
a few of their elite unit , the GIGN, cleared the great mosque of Mecca , single handedly

National Gendarmerie - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
Actually the "gendarmes" are the unbroken descendant of the first permanent regiment in France
they were the king's own Gent d'arms
while they wereunder the defense ministry , since 2009 they are also jointly under the interior ministry
they are to this day military police , in non urban area they work as police but have a military structure
military equipment , up to armor and lived in barracks ( not so much now)
a few of their elite unit , the GIGN, cleared the great mosque of Mecca , single handedly

National Gendarmerie - Wikipedia
I know. I never made jokes with them.

May 2017
France
I remember this bloody operation.All the members of the groop "Al Igira war takfir" were killed.Some journalists said that french have utilized some "substances".

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
nope , they just went in shooting against amateurs
once the operation was over , their commander had some concern they might be whipped out afterward
to eliminate any proof unbelievers had accessed the holiest shrine in Islam
his fears were groundless
but they slept in shift with their guns at the ready

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
Yes, it literally means that the office holder is entitled to finish it. We use English here.
Just ask Nixon or MAduro.
Anyway the French now have this 5th republic for over 60 years, which is way over their average for a republic....