the good Impact of BritishRaj in South Asia.

Jan 2019
Valencia
Are you really this stupid or just pretending to be one? What MNS has anything to do anything done by shivaji or marathas prior to british arrival? Besides i am not going to bring myself to lowly level by going to entire communities, thrre is difference between educated and literates and uneducated buffoons.
Here it is. The reality is that no respectable person from both North or South India would identify with some pahadi chuha looter who attempted to desecrate the very land on which their ancestors walked on. The problem is that you lack an identity and so with minimal research of the facts, you search for a hero who you can relate to. Under an obvious manipulation of the facts, you see that Shivaji is being called a "Hindu Warrior" and so you start to view him as your ideal leader. Any deviation from your idealised view is met with ad hominem attacks, strawmanning and petty insults (as demonstrated by your previous posts). The reason for this is that if anyone was to uncover the veil of Shivaji, it would destroy your fragile identity as a Hindu Nationalist because you have nothing else to fall back on.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
You completely ignore my question and returned, in the last part, some form of dismissal from the point entirely. I have no further response available to me.
Chinese are not learning English still they have ended up becoming world second largest economy. English was continued in India not because its some so great language but it was alien and neutral language for language parity for different linguistic groups of India, if its not English any foreign language Persian, Mandarin, German or Russian or Japanese could have replaced that role. You are just exaggerating the role of English simply you are proud of your mother tongue, I am also proud of my mother tongue would celebrate my language like you. Even many Portuguese like you tell me how much great Portuguese language is, Indian should have continued it as official language former Portuguese enclaves of India.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
I wonder what else the Hindu extremists have in the works. Replace Gandhi with Shivaji as the father of the nation? After all it was the same Hindu extremists (Hindutva-vadis) who murdered him. They have a serious problem with separating the nation of India from the religion of Hinduism.

Jan 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Mysore was already on a modernization trajectory before the British came, and they had ample contact with Europeans. They had money and the Europeans had technology; it was inevitable that technological know-how would follow the money.

Industrial revolution was successful because there was no shortage of funds. Without India, the British wouldn't have that much affluence. So, the inventors would have sought out patrons wherever they are.

Bengal Subah alone generated 12% of world GDP circa 1700s. Inventors would have flocked to the subcontinent.
Do you have a source for the last paragraph?

Jan 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Mysore was already on a modernization trajectory before the British came, and they had ample contact with Europeans. They had money and the Europeans had technology; it was inevitable that technological know-how would follow the money.

Industrial revolution was successful because there was no shortage of funds. Without India, the British wouldn't have that much affluence. So, the inventors would have sought out patrons wherever they are.

Bengal Subah alone generated 12% of world GDP circa 1700s. Inventors would have flocked to the subcontinent.
Do you have a source for the last paragraph?

May 2013
The abode of the lord of the north
I dread to think of a hypothetical Indian state united by Marathas as is envisioned by semi-literate Hindutvadis. The pahadi chuhas would have rampaged, raped and imposed Marathi upon the native populations. Naturally, those groups with self-respect would have resisted throwing India into a state of civil war and anarchy. Luckily such a scenario was highly unlikely as Marathas were ineffective soldiers who were only good at looting and not state-building.

It is still hilarious seeing these buffoons idealise the Marathas are "Hindu Warriorz!" who would have forged a "Dharmic state" when in actuality they were murdering and stealing from their fellow Hindus. I don't expect any response from these types to this post. They would much rather live in some alternate reality then actually engage with the facts in an objective manner.
First of all, I, just as any sane person would, don't think Marathas, or any monarchy for that matter would have been a better option compared to the Democratic Republic government we have today. Cultural and religious impositions are hallmarks for most expanding, imperious monarchy. Marathas just weren't an exception.
Additionally I would advice not to get into Ad hominem assaults and name calling, for a good and prolonged stay in the forum :)

Jan 2019
Valencia
don't think Marathas, or any monarchy for that matter would have been a better option compared to the Democratic Republic government we have today.
So in this hypothetical Maratha formed India, we would have seen the Chhatrapathi willingly cede power to the people and formed a democracy? I think that would be highly unlikely.

Additionally I would advice not to get into Ad hominem assaults and name calling, for a good and prolonged stay in the forum :)
Most of the replies I have received have been ad hominems accusing me of "having heartburn" and other rubbish for merely stating that Shivaji is not viewed as a "godly figure" by Hindus. In fact that hansolo guy seemed to take issue with the fact that I dared to have an opinion on Shivaji.:lol: But its interesting that you chose this post in which to raise your concerns.

May 2013
The abode of the lord of the north
So in this hypothetical Maratha formed India, we would have seen the Chhatrapathi willingly cede power to the people and formed a democracy? I think that would be highly unlikely.
They would never cede. That is my point when I say I don't prefer marathas over the current republic. I stated this somedays ago in another thread 'why wasn't India united before'

Quoting myself,
........... I don't think India would've ever been such a sovereign united republic she is now, had britain never colonized her. If we see the era of colonization, India was largely divided between regional powers, such as the Marathas, the Mughals, Mysore, Nizams and so on. If british hadn't came, I see no reason why any of these empires would willingly create a republic out of themselves. Why would Nizams or Mysore join Marathas in creating a republic? Several princely states might cede their territories, like Cochin, Cochinese did cede their kingdom willingly to create Travancore-Cochin superstate. But I don't really see a strong republic being created without consent from atleast three of the before-mentioned major powers......

Most of the replies I have received have been ad hominems accusing me of "having heartburn" and other rubbish for merely stating that Shivaji is not viewed as a "godly figure" by Hindus. In fact that hansolo guy seemed to take issue with the fact that I dared to have an opinion on Shivaji.:lol: But its interesting that you chose this post in which to raise your concerns.
I replied to you because you quickly concluded that I am a biased nationalist a few posts before. Mine is just a friendly advice, take it if you will. Just as you yourself said sometime before, It isn't okay to commit wrongs because others do it. :)

Aug 2009
Londinium

Again, much more speculation on your part, the goal is clearly a “developed India” (separate states rather than unified nation) and you’re happy to use any and all theories to reach this pre-determined and clearly highly desired outcome.

Your last paragraph is following this same willful speculation. Would inventors fill the need to invent in an already very rich area, if so, would this be sufficient to see the pre-industrial GDP you’ve stated be continued while competing against the new industrial economies (more than 1)? Would the Europeans provide technology on a meaningful scale and covering all areas of development to the “12% GDP” areas and other rich places knowing these areas would soon become competitors, on a global scale if this technology could be sufficiently utilized. Would they share high-end military/naval tech? This didn’t even happen among European powers for a very good reason, and history has many other examples of this.

There are just so many areas of speculation, all must align perfectly for your predictions to hold water. I just don’t see this happening and unless this thread ends up in speculative history, given you’ve already made up your mind and have a clear desire for a specific outcome, perhaps it’s best to leave it here.