the good Impact of BritishRaj in South Asia.

Jan 2019
Valencia
Are you seriously suggesting Mughals and other empires of those times did not engage in plunder?
Again, your lack of understanding is really showing. The Mughals are not portrayed as the saviours of Hinduism and Dharma like the Marathas are. It is telling that the "saviours of Hindus" are now being held to the same standards as the supposedly barbarous Mughals LOL!

Marathas did not destroy any major temples or monuments in Rajasthan and also did not sack and destroy any city completely
Another straw man, who is comparing the Marathas to the Mughals? Your argument is that "it is okay for the Marathas to rape, kill and murder their fellow Hindus because it wasn't on the same scale as the Mughals".

And well your knowledge has been really lacking over the course of this debate so forgive me if I don't take your word for it.

I am pretty sure if Rajput princes accepted Maratha lordship (like they accpepted Mughal lordship) none of this would occur
"Local Hindu Kings should have bent the knee to the Marathas if they don't expect to be raped and murdered!". With that logic you could say "Local Hindu Kings should have bent the knee to Muslim invaders if they don't want to be raped and murdered!".

Why don't you stick to your useless one liners instead of actually engaging me.:lol:

Feb 2019
Mumbai
Just because Marathas were a Hindu empire does not mean they needed to act like Raja Harishchandra :lol:! All empires are political entities and all political entities engage in politics and warfare, Marathas were no different in this aspect. Vijayanagars engaged in some pretty destructive battles with fellow Hindu gajapati's, yet that still does not change the fact that they were truly saviours of Hinduism. This debate is pointless because you frankly do not understand Hindu nationalism at all, regardless of whether you approve or disapprove of it, it is important to understand WHY Hindu nationalists will always prefer Marathas over Brits & Mughals and Vijayanagar over Bahmanis and Deccan Sultanates. Unless you understand that, this debate is utterly pointless and will lead to nowhere.

Feb 2019
Mumbai
So when the British 'plunder and loot' you are shocked and dismayed but when a group you approve of it 'so what'?

Rather hypocritical isn't it?
The scale matters, did Marathas virtually destroy India's textile industry? Did they impose heavy taxation on production of Salt. Did they create criminal tribes act? Did they engage in genocide like brits did in several locations? Did they create concentration camps?

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Just because Marathas were a Hindu empire does not mean they needed to act like Raja Harishchandra :lol:! All empires are political entities and all political entities engage in politics and warfare, Marathas were no different in this aspect. Vijayanagars engaged in some pretty destructive battles with fellow Hindu gajapati's, yet that still does not change the fact that they were truly saviours of Hinduism. This debate is pointless because you frankly do not understand Hindu nationalism at all, regardless of whether you approve or disapprove of it, it is important to understand WHY Hindu nationalists will always prefer Marathas over Brits & Mughals and Vijayanagar over Bahmanis and Deccan Sultanates. Unless you understand that, this debate is utterly pointless and will lead to nowhere.
"Marathas were a Hindu Empire"! News to me! Who were the Maratha emperors?
(I asked this question in another thread, and all I got was a runaround.)

May 2011
Navan, Ireland
The scale matters, did Marathas virtually destroy India's textile industry? Did they impose heavy taxation on production of Salt. Did they create criminal tribes act? Did they engage in genocide like brits did in several locations? Did they create concentration camps?
No it doesn't-- one set of 'behaviour' has you up in arms and complaining about terrible persecution and loot (sob how do you cope!!!!!) and the other is simply ignored and is 'so what'.

Very simple hypocrisy.