the good Impact of BritishRaj in South Asia.

Feb 2019
Ariaca
Yes sir, here is one that opened relatively recently:

In fact, there is a cult-like group known as the "Sambhaji Brigade" who wish for Marathis to abandon Hinduism and instead deify historical Maratha leaders:

Sambhaji Brigade - Wikipedia

Who know? Perhaps 10 year in the future Hinduism will disappear from Maharashtra and be replaced by the cult of Shivaji. Here is a quick description of their beliefs:
View attachment 15849
Hinduism is going bananas ...

We need to reform religion to stop these kind of NewAge human gods worship.

Jan 2019
Valencia
Ariaca and Kandal - maybe you two need to look into a mirror. Just do not mock other belief when you are not ready to inspect your own in a rational and logical way.
Well it's very strange, I mean we literally have members like @Devdas blatantly lying claiming that the common Tamil name "Siva" comes from Shivaji. This blind devotion needs to be called out and questioned.

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
Ariaca and Kandal - maybe you two need to look into a mirror. Just do not mock other belief when you are not ready to inspect your own in a rational and logical way.
Here Donald Trump is being worshipped as God. Could you tell how one can 'inspect this in a rational and logical way' without mocking? How is this any different from worshipping Shivaji?

Last edited:
Jun 2017
usa
One of my relatives works in North Jharkhand, local hero is a figure by the name of Bishwanath Sahi:
View attachment 15845
Politicians regularly have to pay honour to him to gain votes. I'm sure if many people on this thread had a choice then they would knock his statues down and build monuments to the "godly figure" Shivaji.:lol::lol: I wonder how the people of Jharkhand would react to that?

Why should anyone knock a statue of a local hero?If what you say was true then Maharashtra would have only Shivaji statues!
Maybe you have had some bad experiences with Maharashtrians for you to have so much angst about a freedom fighter who lived 400 hundred years ago!
Glorifying Shivaji does not take any glory away from any local heroes. In fact I am glad I am learning about all these heroes from different parts of the country. Please post more about Bishwanath Sahi.

Nov 2014
India
I am surprised at the ignorance of some members here. When you are not ready to inspect your own belief under the scrutiny of logic and rationality, do not ridicule other's belief. It does not matter that your belief is accepted by a large number of people, your belief could be as stupid and ridiculous as the ones you have pointed out here, or it could be even more so.

Jun 2017
usa
Hinduism is going bananas ...

We need to reform religion to stop these kind of NewAge human gods worship.

I cannot understand why you say that Hinduism is going bananas? If some people find peace in worshipping Shivaji what does it matter to anybody else? As long as people do not cause harm to others, do not denigrate other people's belief's, there is no need to shame them. Even worshipping a stone is fine. After all any kind of worship is finding inner peace is it not?