Votes: 22 15.2%
  • A pretty bad president, but not horrible

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • A greedy, evil man who was a horrible president

Votes: 36 24.8%

• Total voters
Jun 2012
Hippy town U.S.A.!
I know that the years of Reagan's presidency tend to be looked upon as good years, and he tends to be looked upon as a good president. However, in the groups I hang out in (we're just a bunch of nerds) he is looked upon as an evil psycho maniac who will bomb anyone anywhere and who played an essential role in corporations coming to power. What do you think on this issue?

Aug 2012
Indiana
I was in the military during his years as my CIC, and for the most part we loved him in that role. I believe he was better than Jimmy Carter when it came to fiscal policy, but he did some things that were questionable. I rated him as a "good" president.

okamido

Forum Staff
Jun 2009
land of Califia
Due to this Presidency still being fresh in people's minds and polarizing to both sides, President Reagan gets the Thatcher-treatment, ala the Chamber. :)

Jun 2012
USA
Due to this Presidency still being fresh in people's minds and polarizing to both sides, President Reagan gets the Thatcher-treatment, ala the Chamber. :)
But Thatcher has been treated so well?:sad:

Actually, I have never known an old lady that has been spat upon the way Margaret Thatcher has on her thread. I hope that Reagan will not get the same treatment, but then again maybe it is a badge of honor considering the leftists on this site. I will only say that I will not enter the Chamber to defend Reagan, because I do not want to see that sad, pathetic put-down of everything that man believed. I will take my leave from this thread.

Last edited:

okamido

Forum Staff
Jun 2009
land of Califia
However, in the groups I hang out in (we're just a bunch of nerds) he is looked upon as an evil psycho maniac who will bomb anyone anywhere.....What do you think on this issue?
What do I think? I think that I would love to see the evidence of the so-called evil, psycho-mania driven warmongering. :)

Sam-Nary

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
At present SD, USA
I believe he was better than Jimmy Carter when it came to fiscal policy.
Reagan's initial fiscal policy was spend a ton of money we didn't have on military hardware, while cutting taxes on the rich. This created such deficit problems that he was forced to raise taxes and the debt ceiling several times during the course of his presidency.

Policy wise, Reagan was a bad President, but he got especially lucky in that the enemy he set out to fight crashed and didn't up the ante on him. As such, he ultimately got good results.

As such I voted, neither.

Gudenrath

Ad Honorem
May 2012
Denmark
"A greedy, evil man who was a horrible President" ?????

Wow.
Indeed. The poll is horribly biased from the start since it has four options ranging between excellent to average, and then one option where you can pick him to be slightly worse than Satan.

Flawed poll if there ever was one.

Similar History Discussions