The Greatest "father and son" in the Ancient world

Apr 2018
new york
My personal top 3:

1.Philip II of Macedon and Alexander the Great

2.Hamilca Barca and Hannibal Barca

3.Antigonus I Monophthalmus and Demetrius I (???)

Well I am not very sure about the last one, maybe Pepi I and Pepi II should rank 3?

Would like to hear your versions.

Reactions: bedb
Apr 2018
Mythical land.
Hello You may want to check Chandragupta and his son bindusara as well,together ruled pretty much all of the indian subcontinent.
or bindusara and ashoka.

Oct 2016
Merryland
Darius I and Xerxes I Persian Empire at its peak. too bad about those pesky Greeks.

David and Solomon second and third Kings of Israel. huge wealth thanks to agriculture base and caravan routes.

Nabopolassar and Nebuchadnezzer of Babylon led the overthrow of the horrid Assyrians and established one of the world's great empires.

+1 on Philip and Alexander.

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
What horrid Assyrians?

I proudly present Tiglath Pileser III and Sargon II who cast their mighty shadows over obscure Nabo and Nebu of those pesky Babylonians. :)

And then there were other great Assyrian father-sons:

Sargon II/ Sennacherib
Sennacherib/ Esarhaddon
Esarhaddon/ Ashurbanipal

Apr 2018
new york
Hello You may want to check Chandragupta and his son bindusara as well,together ruled pretty much all of the indian subcontinent.
or bindusara and ashoka.
ya... Even Emperor Hasha claimed himself to be King of Magadha

Darius I and Xerxes I Persian Empire at its peak. too bad about those pesky Greeks.

David and Solomon second and third Kings of Israel. huge wealth thanks to agriculture base and caravan routes.

Nabopolassar and Nebuchadnezzer of Babylon led the overthrow of the horrid Assyrians and established one of the world's great empires.

+1 on Philip and Alexander.
Well Xerxes I did not doing well in his later years...but this is a problem for many kings and emperors...
What horrid Assyrians?

I proudly present Tiglath Pileser III and Sargon II who cast their mighty shadows over obscure Nabo and Nebu of those pesky Babylonians. :)

And then there were other great Assyrian father-sons:

Sargon II/ Sennacherib
Sennacherib/ Esarhaddon
Esarhaddon/ Ashurbanipal
I have to admit that I know few about Assyrian history