The Huns and the Parthians

Most of the Wikipedia articles on Steppe Nomads were vandalized by a Panturanist named Tirgil34 several years ago. It's only been within the last month that a user named Ermenaric has been cleaning them up. He just totally rewrote the Huns and Attila, etc. articles to match modern sources (in other words, everything I've been saying in this thread, lol).
That's good to know! Just had a look, and Ermenrich has certainly been busy.

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Russian Federation
false Historia Augusta:
A peculiarity of the work is its inclusion of a large number of purportedly authentic documents such as extracts from Senate proceedings and letters written by imperial personages.[84][85] In all it contains around 150 alleged documents, including 68 letters, 60 speeches and proposals to the people or the senate, and 20 senatorial decrees and acclamations.[2] Records like these are quite distinct from the rhetorical speeches often inserted by ancient historians – it was accepted practice for the writer to invent these himself[86] – and on the few occasions when historians (such as Sallust in his work on Catiline or Suetonius in his Twelve Caesars) include such documents, they have generally been regarded as genuine;[87] but almost all those found in the Historia Augusta have been rejected as fabrications, partly on stylistic grounds, partly because they refer to military titles or points of administrative organisation which are otherwise unrecorded until long after the purported date, or for other suspicious content.
Augustan History - Wikipedia

looser Diocl and his internet followers

false Historia Augusta: Augustan History - Wikipedia

looser Diocl and his internet followers
Why are you telling us about the falsity of the Historia Augusta? Has anyone here suggested that the Historia Augusta is a reliable source? If you think I like Diocletian simply because the author of the Historia Augusta is a fan, then that tells us more about your own gullibility than mine. If you actually want to educate yourself and read about Diocletian, there are books that I can recommend, but it's obvious you're merely trying to make yourself feel better after having your arse handed to you. Kisses! xx

Last edited:

Asherman

Forum Staff
May 2013
Albuquerque, NM
Hunnictraveller ... Your continued provocations, lack of civility and respect for other members will no longer be excused by ESL problems. You've haven't showny knowledge in History, or in discussing it with others. The next time you come to our attention, you will be suspended. If your behavior continues, you will be permanently banned.

Nov 2018
Russian Federation
Asherman respect when u reinforce claims with something. my opponents openly said they too lazy to argue. since your judgement doesn't considers simple dispute rules, it doesn't bother.

Turkic peoples - Wikipedia :
The earliest separate Turkic peoples appeared on the peripheries of the late Xiongnu confederation about 200 BCE[67] (contemporaneous with the Chinese Han Dynasty).[68] Turkic people may be related to the Xiongnu, Dingling and Tiele people.

about Turkic-Scythian origin: The Ashina (Chinese: 阿史那; pinyin: Āshǐnà; Wade–Giles: A-shih-na; Middle Chinese: (Guangyun) [ʔɑʃi̯ə˥nɑ˩]), also known as Asen, Asena, or Açina, were a tribe and the ruling dynasty of the ancient Turkic peoples.

Researchers such as H.W. Haussig,[1] S.G. Klyashtorny,[2][3] A.N. Bernstamm,[4] C. V. Findley,[5] B.A. Muratov,[6] R.R. Suyunov,[7] D.G. Savinov,[8] S.P. Guschin,[6] Rona-Tas[9] and R.N. Frye[10] have pointed out that the origin of the Ashina is from the Iranian Saka or possibly Wusun. They have put forward this version of the following arguments:

Genetics[edit]
Subclade of clan Ashina: R1a-Z93, Z94+, Z2123-, Y2632-.(another prominent turkic clan Ashide has: Q1a-L53)

Etymology[edit]
Findley assumes that the name "Ashina" comes from one of the Saka languages of central Asia and means "blue" (gök in Turkic). The color is identified with the east, so that Göktürk, another name for the Turkic empire, meant the "Turks of the East".[5] This idea is seconded by the Hungarian researcher András Róna-Tas, who finds it plausible "that we are dealing with a royal family and clan of Saka origin".[9] "The term bori, used to identify the ruler's retinue as 'wolves', probably also derived from one of the Iranian languages", Carter Vaughin Findley has observed.[12]

H.W. Haussig[1] and S.G. Kljyashtorny[3] suggest an association between the name and the compound "kindred of Ashin" ahşaẽna - Old Persian, which can get quite satisfactory etymological development. This is so even in East Turkestan; then the desired form would be in the Sogdian 'xs' yn' k (-әhšēnē) "blue, dark"; Khotan-Saka (Brahmi) āşşeiņa (-āşşena) "blue", where a long -ā- emerged as development ahş-> āşş-; in Tocharian A āśna- "blue, dark" (from Khotan-Saka and Sogdian). The Saka etymology ashina (<āşşeiņa ~ āşşena) with the value "blue" (the color of the sky) is phonetically and semantically flawless. There is a textual support for this version in the ancient runic inscriptions of the Turks.

Ashina tribe - Wikipedia

Nov 2018
Russian Federation
Why are you telling us about the falsity of the Historia Augusta? Has anyone here suggested that the Historia Augusta is a reliable source? If you think I like Diocletian simply because the author of the Historia Augusta is a fan, then that tells us more about your own gullibility than mine. If you actually want to educate yourself and read about Diocletian, there are books that I can recommend, but it's obvious you're merely trying to make yourself feel better after having your arse handed to you. Kisses! xx
Diocl trying save empire gave several emperor titles to subordinates breaking principle of unity of command. which naturally led to inner wars and fall of Rome. i would say looser unable do emperor job alone.

Theodoric

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
We have already pointed out your many mistakes. And I'll be sure to let 'Diocl' know he's a 'looser'.
Haha. I think the kid is genuinely offended by your name.

Wikipedia has great sourcing though! They cite every Facebook/twitter post and youtube video that they get their information from!

Anyway, on topic: the huns used a particular type of horn in their bows, did they not?

Haha. I think the kid is genuinely offended by your name.

Wikipedia has great sourcing though! They cite every Facebook/twitter post and youtube video that they get their information from!

Anyway, on topic: the huns used a particular type of horn in their bows, did they not?
It probably doesn't help that Ally Sheedy is so pointedly declaring Diocletian's obvious superiority. No mortal can argue with the Sheedy.

Similar History Discussions