The Indo-Greeks

May 2017
Seattle
Hello all

Basically I have a school project that I need to get done to graduate in two weeks but to make a terrible story short I need info on the Indo-Greeks.

Anything from their overall culture, language, military, anything that could possibly help would be amazing.

Aug 2013
Italy
Hello all

Basically I have a school project that I need to get done to graduate in two weeks but to make a terrible story short I need info on the Indo-Greeks.

Anything from their overall culture, language, military, anything that could possibly help would be amazing.
I'll send you some info hopefully today or tomorrow...

Aug 2013
Italy
Well, Aupmanyav has sent you two Wikipedia links which are basic, but useful.

For a biography of the most fascinating of all the Indo-Greek kings, please see the Wikipedia entry on Menander I Soter. This Menander, called Milinda in Indian sources, was first king of Bactria and later of a large portion of southern Afghanistan and northern India. He was powerfully attracted to Buddhism (to which creed he may have converted), and enjoyed engaging in philosophical/doctrinal conversations with Buddhist sages.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Hello all

Demetrius I of Bactria was the founder of Indo-Greek kingdoms in India after the fall of the Mauryan Empire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrius_I_of_Bactria

The most well known king was Milind or Menander who was one of the Buddhist Indo-Greek king.

Aug 2013
Italy
Demetrius I of Bactria was the founder of Indo-Greek kingdoms in India after the fall of the Mauryan Empire.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demetrius_I_of_Bactria

The most well known king was Milind or Menander who was one of the Buddhist Indo-Greek king.
Have you seen my brief post on Menander I? He was an extraordinary king.

In the book called "Milinda Panha", his conversations with the erudite Buddhist teacher Nagasena are recorded. Menander obviously loved India and Indian wisdom.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Have you seen my brief post on Menander I? He was an extraordinary king.

In the book called "Milinda Panha", his conversations with the erudite Buddhist teacher Nagasena are recorded. Menander obviously loved India and Indian wisdom.
I don't know much about Menander/Milinda. I briefly studied about him in school during history classes.