The Kensington Runestone

MAGolding

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Clearly, it doesn't appear you even understood what I wrote. I unequivocally asserted the drawing is of an ostrich from Africa. With my reference to the South American rhea, I merely noted a superficial resemblance. In actuality, the anatomy is wrong for a rhea as well. As for the rest of your agenda, I don't care to comment on it.

I'm not going to spend a lot of time on your nonsense but I don't have a problem with citing evidence, peer-reviewed of course. First, see how the feet are depicted in the drawing:

View attachment 25220

Now, from Plantar pressure distribution of ostrich during locomotion on loose sand and solid ground, we have an anatomical description of ostrich feet in comparison to the feet of other flightless birds (bottom of pg. 3):

The paper also includes associated drawings:

View attachment 25221

That looks pretty convincing to me. There's no need to construct an elaborate fantasy about the document when a far simpler solution is readily apparent. The drawing on the back of the chart is somewhat crude but it does appear to include diagnostic elements definitive enough to conclude that the bird depicted is an ostrich. If other birds had similar feet, maybe there would be further room for speculation. But no such birds currently exist.

I found the original post with a more complete picture of the disputable bird. Post 556 on page 56. I note the bird has two things dangling from its beak.

Those could hypothetically be the wattles of a turkey or other bird. Those might hypothetically be an iron horseshoe since ostriches were often depicted holding iron horseshoes in their mouths.

dreamregent

Ad Honorem
Feb 2013
Coastal Florida
And? Those pictures show feet with 4 digits (as I said) and some of the photos show the presence of a spur above the foot as well. So, I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

I found the original post with a more complete picture of the disputable bird. Post 556 on page 56. I note the bird has two things dangling from its beak.

Those could hypothetically be the wattles of a turkey or other bird. Those might hypothetically be an iron horseshoe since ostriches were often depicted holding iron horseshoes in their mouths.
In that post, there is a link to the image on another website which will allow you to zoom in. It's clearly not an image of wattles as, upon zooming in, you can see that it's an object clutched in its mouth. I think it definitely is a horseshoe. See these search results. Some of these examples have horseshoes which look very similar to the one in the drawing.

Jul 2018
Florida
Tis the NEW YEAR and many many exciting things have happened. One of which is the group now has OVER 100 maps and globes showing the Newport Tower. AND not one peep out of the overpaid professionals in the universities. AND yes, publications of ALL THE SOURCES is in the works. Might take awhile. ALSO, publications on the geometry of the Newport Tower and the Kessington Stone are in the works. Look to "Academia" website for updates, etc.

Scott Wolter has YouTube videos' out for your viewing pleasure (they are free). Link below shows that lastest on the maps and Scott's presentation on the C-Doc. Its looking like this is the real McCoy with more to come.

Just as a FYI - the Newport Tower was used as a navigational marker many decades before Columbus was even born. To be on that many maps means the people who didn't know about it were very few in number. Did the church know about it....probably. And the idea the "Hooked X' was an unknown symbol -- that is a modern construct by so called "historians" who refused to do their job. ANYWAY.. enjoy.

Have a good NEW YEAR --------

Jul 2018
Florida
Second bombshell....this one is …..devastating
--------------------------------------------------------

---------------------- That is right, folks -- it none other then the "Queen of England" right that on a "COPPER ENGRAVED" map....DAMN

Enter into the picture Drake, John Dee and the full company of English seaman (and probably a few seawoman)

Phippsburg History Center

NEWPORT TOWER
1587 Jodocus Hondius/William Rogers
A mapp of the north part from the equinoctial…

The year is 1587. Jodocus Hondius and William Rogers produced England’s first copper engraved map. This map, as cartographic historians note, is the first which used the Postel Projection.

Unnoticed until now, Hondius and Rogers also illustrated Queen Elizabeth on the North American landscape. They positioned her likeness on the coast just north of the 40th latitude parallel. The Queen is holding/cupping the V-notch style Newport Tower with her left hand.

The tower is situated at approximately 41.7294° of latitude. This is a latitude match to the actual tower latitude of 41.48°.

Hondius and Rogers positioned a second tower slightly south of Narragansett Bay. This tower is of the rectangular outline/projecting pole variety.

A third tower, illustrated using the V-notch style, is found situated over on the Asian landmass slightly below (~39°) the 40th parallel of latitude.

These details, and analysis of three printings of this map, may be found in this slide deck:

Slide deck (19 slides):
MS PowerPoint: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WWFLYgu858k9logYOJk22MnmfNaXHIuG
PDF: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GQvtpAwHt5cK8JN3uD3m9cPhkDckdSfB

Image 30504 (Barry Lawrence Ruderman, Antique Maps Inc.)
https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/detail/30504/a-mapp-of-the-north-part-of-the-equinoctial-hondius-rogers

Image 19055 (Barry Lawrence Ruderman, Antique Maps Inc.)
https://www.raremaps.com/gallery/detail/19055/a-mapp-of-the-north-part-of-the-equinoctial-hondius-rogers

1580048896092.png