The Last Kingdom

markdienekes

Ad Honorem
Apr 2010
Oxford
Anyone watched this series yet? I just watched the first series over the course of two days and found it really good. I rarely watch anything in such marathon runs anymore, but this made me want to watch another episode as soon as I finished one.

Ancientgeezer

Ad Honorem
Nov 2011
The Dustbin, formerly, Garden of England
Jolly good show and clearly not made by the BBC--not a single Nigerian or Pakistani at Alfred's Court or even in the Great Heathen Army.

Belgarion

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Australia
A great series that does justice to the Bernard Cornwell novels. My only nitpick is the the bloke who pays Uhtred doesn't look quite right. The bloke who plays Ragnar in Vikings is more how I see him.

Aug 2015
beijing
my nitpick is them giving actions by great characters to other characters that they later introduce anyway. also father pyrlig should be large, just saying

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
Watched it, but didn't like it that much. It seems all characters lack a drive.

History Chick

Ad Honorem
Jun 2010
Colorado Springs (PA at heart)
My original thoughts are in this topic: http://historum.com/history-films-television/96007-last-kingdom.html

But I do think it gets better as the series goes on. I still think they rushed the beginning too much, I think they were too eager to rush through the backstory and get to Alfred the Great. But once there, it does improve. I am still disappointed they remove a lot of the humor, but overall, I am enjoying it. Almost caught up with the books too.

okamido

Forum Staff
Jun 2009
land of Califia
Enjoyed the first season, but haven't had a chance to catch the second. Maybe Netflix is on my agenda this weekend.

Edric Streona

Ad Honorem
Feb 2016
Japan
Didn't like it. The English/Saxons wear quilts and have silly square shields. Aesthetically it displeases me.