The misunderstood great man — Neville Chamberlain's logic and wisdom in handling of Hitler's unbounded expansionism

redcoat

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Stockport Cheshire UK
Can you please substantiate this claim.

They occured AFTER the war started and as such it owuld be impossible for them to have been repsonsible for something happening before,
I really don't think this is true. Can you give me a few sources for this?
Clever, you are asking for sources for something that didn't happen, which is impossible to do.
But you are refusing to provide sources for something which you claim did happen, therefore it would be something that you could provide a source for.

Jan 2015
Ontario, Canada
Clever, you are asking for sources for something that didn't happen, which is impossible to do.
But you are refusing to provide sources for something which you claim did happen, therefore it would be something that you could provide a source for.
One at a time, I'm having trouble responding to so many posts. I was writing a response to the previous post when I had to respond to this post.

No actually I am trying to set up a trap as a debate tactic. The thing is I am completely basing my arguments based on my knowledge of the topic. So the only real issue I've had in ONE instance was acquiring the source which I don't have with me.

Because I am familiar with the material my plan is basically to force Pugsville to substantiate his claims. Then I can tackle his sources rather than going around in a logic circle. While also letting off some of the pressure on myself by making him take the time to find and quote sources, which also gives me time. Simple, no?

Plus I just find it funny to do what he is doing.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Can you please substantiate this claim. What exactly was the reason then?
BEFORE and AFTER,
Thinge that occur AFTER the declarationof war cannot have caused the declation which happened BEFORE them.

I really don't think this is true. Can you give me a few sources for this?
It's impossible to provide sources for a non event.

Jan 2015
Ontario, Canada
BEFORE and AFTER,
Thinge that occur AFTER the declarationof war cannot have caused the declation which happened BEFORE them.

It's impossible to provide sources for a non event.
Actually you can. Do you have a source which says these events didn't happen? Since obviously the claim exists, therefore someone would have addressed it. Especially since it was the Germans themselves making such claims.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Actually you can. Do you have a source which says these events didn't happen? Since obviously the claim exists, therefore someone would have addressed it. Especially since it was the Germans themselves making such claims.
No. Your claims, your burden of proof. Take your time. No pressure or rush. I've seen these cliams repeated on more than one forum over the years, No one ever came up with any actual evidence to support these claims.

Jan 2015
Ontario, Canada
No. Your claims, your burden of proof. Take your time. No pressure or rush. I've seen these cliams repeated on more than one forum over the years, No one ever came up with any actual evidence to support these claims.
Actually I didn't make the claim. The claim was made when Tokugawa quoted a post on another forum, which had citations I might add. Then you claimed that it was untrue and propaganda. So the source was actually provided.

The burden of proof is actually on you. I merely pointed out the fact that the citations were given and therefore supported it. You are rejecting the sources and made a claim but provided no evidence for said claims.

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
Actually I didn't make the claim. The claim was made when Tokugawa quoted a post on another forum, which had citations I might add. Then you claimed that it was untrue and propaganda. So the source was actually provided.

The burden of proof is actually on you. I merely pointed out the fact that the citations were given and therefore supported it. You are rejecting the sources and made a claim but provided no evidence for said claims.
AHEM, you claimed

Well, according to the historiography anyway.

The specific incidents like Bloody Sunday occurred after September 1. There were incidents involving partisan warfare before that.

Jul 2018
Hong Kong
Good news, I find that I could read the Polish book Der deutsch-polnische September 1939 by Peter Aurich in Scribd.com document archive.

With "google translation", I would be able to delve into the crucial research — in what extent the Poles persecuted the Germans?Did the Warsaw government connive them somehow?

Once I finished the research in some level, I would probably open a thread for discussion.

Jan 2015
Ontario, Canada
This guy is complaining about not having a source. Even though you did list the sources. Then they complained about that too. Then I took a picture of one of the pages in the books being cited, that wasn't good enough either. Sheer pedantry. Next thing will be that the source is in German and therefore unacceptable. Then after that is cleared, the issue will be something else.

The only real evidence you need to make a decent case is that the events in question are accepted. Which looking back at the thread, the fact that any incidents occurred was already being called into question. It just kept going into a "I was wrong about this, but now you need a new source for clearing up the thing I was wrong about".

Anyway I was in the middle of typing up my response and quoting from some of the cited sources (which I have) but the constant spamming exacerbated my headache. I don't really see the point of going through all of the trouble of doing this for someone who is so annoying (in my general experience, not just here). The fact that anyone is supporting this guy really irks me.

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions