The misunderstood great man — Neville Chamberlain's logic and wisdom in handling of Hitler's unbounded expansionism

Jan 2015
Ontario, Canada
He is certainly more professional than me. ;)

By the way, sorry if I derailed your thread. It wasn't my intention and I don't think I did.

Tempted to write up a huge post about my position on 1939. Since it necessarily would have to be larger than a few posts.

Oct 2013
Europix
Thanks for your appeciation, deaf tuner. I don't mind any disagreement to my viewpoint, indeed, it is encouraged so I could widen or review my perspective through some of those additional and valuable information and analyze I probably omitted.

I always think that diversion and complexity are the most important elements in historiography, and "personal sense of superiority" should be avoided as possible as you could so you could empty your bottle to fill more — indeed, there're no single version of historical analyze represents "absolute truth" without misrepresentation, inaccuracy or exaggeration.

If I read some Polish works (suppose I know the Polish) and realize what the Poles actually thinking in pre-WW2 diplomacy, I might probably change my previous perspective to Jozef Beck whom I knew too little about.
Yes, knowing the language of those we're talking about is always a good thing. But a bit difficult, sometimes: on this discussion of ours, it would mean English, French, German, Polish, Czech/Slovakian and eventually Russian (tho Serb, Romanian and Hungarian would help too).

Jul 2018
Hong Kong
it would mean English, French, German, Polish, Czech/Slovakian and eventually Russian (tho Serb, Romanian and Hungarian would help too).
That's why "Google Translation" and multi-language dictionary are a good thing. :)
With them, you could even try to translate some of those works (though very time-consuming. I could only translate Japanese much faster due to numerous Han-text mingled with passage)

Jan 2015
Ontario, Canada
That's why "Google Translation" and multi-language dictionary are a good thing. :)
With them, you could even try to translate some of those works (though very time-consuming. I could only translate Japanese much faster due to numerous Han-text mingled with passage)
If you ever need help with translations let me know. I can do Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin, Italian and my German isn't horrible. :lol:

Similar History Discussions