The National Dish of your country ?

Sep 2010
Bahrain
Come now, we're in a forum that has members from all parts of the world, so let us share something we all love and cherish.....FOOD! :zany:

To kick this off (from arguably, the smallest country on the forum
), the national dish of Bahrain ....Machboos! :cool:

Basically...its rice...spices...lots of oil (I think), CHICKEN, some beans usually and occasionally eggs or french fries are added :)
This is a region-wide dish, but its called Kabsa in mainland Arabia.

Jan 2009
I was once stopped in the streets of Melbourne Australia by two elderly ladies with very heavy American accents.
They asked me "Where can I go to buy a Beef Pie?". They seemed quite enthusiastic about trying one. Apparently it is an Australian Delicacy.

So I pointed towards the nearest greasy fast food joint. Good luck with your pie made of fatty gristle and reject bits of animal in gravy there ladies. :)

Wenge

Ad Honoris
Apr 2011
Virginia
I was once stopped in the streets of Melbourne Australia by two elderly ladies with very heavy American accents.
They asked me "Where can I go to buy a Beef Pie?". They seemed quite enthusiastic about trying one. Apparently it is an Australian Delicacy.

So I pointed towards the nearest greasy fast food joint. Good luck with your pie made of fatty gristle and reject bits of animal in gravy there ladies. :)
Please describe to me a heavy American accent.

Similar History Discussions