The National Dish of your country ?

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Sopa de peixe - Fish Soup

Fish soup with coriander for 6 people
Today I bring you the recipe for a delicious soup that gives for all seasons, but tastes good even on colder days. As I told you before, the soup is a very healthy dish and the more nutrients you have, the better. For a healthy meal it is important to consume quality protein, a protein that can be found in fish. In fact, in addition to being easily digestible, fish are generally very rich in proteins, vitamins, minerals and, in the case of fatty fish, omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential to various functions of the body.
By eating fish often, you will protect your cardiovascular health, memory and immune system, and control your cholesterol levels.
The fish soup I bring today favors the ling, a fish quite accessible to all wallets. You can use it in soups, fish rice, stews and stews.
Fish soup with coriander for 6 people - Learn about the recipe
Fish soup with coriander for 6 people - Learn about the recipe | Photo: pinchstatic

Know the step-by-step recipe now:

Ingredients
5 Ling Maruca (fresh or frozen)
3 to 5 Large onions (depending on taste)
6 Ripe tomatoes
3 Carrots
4 Potatoes and / or 3 Curgetes
1 Red pepper
3 cloves of garlic
6/8 Tablespoons of olive oil
Coriander to taste
Chili pepper
Salt q.b
1 bay leaf

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
I can't resist posting more. Greece, Portugal, etc. have better food, but we have some interesting dishes.

1555006230943.png

Some more southern US dishes:
1555006280273.png

1555006163929.png1555006597718.png1555006397689.png1555006530524.png

Bahamas dishes:

1555006742928.png
1555006856869.png

Reactions: LatinoEuropa

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
Speaking only of europe and about the gastronomy.
The best food is from the southern countries, for example starting Greece and ending in Portugal
Attention is my opinion

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Speaking only of europe and about the gastronomy.
The best food is from the southern countries, for example starting Greece and ending in Portugal
Attention is my opinion
I mostly agree. However, French food is the best. Not sure about the food in fancy French restaurants, but Quebec and Cajun food is great. I like German food, although it is northern European. British and Irish food is bad. US food, although British influenced, is much better.

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal
I mostly agree. However, French food is the best. Not sure about the food in fancy French restaurants, but Quebec and Cajun food is great. I like German food, although it is northern European. British and Irish food is bad. US food, although British influenced, is much better.

The French food is good, but in my opinion the Portuguese or Spanish food is better than the French food, most of the time it is more the fame than the quality, it reminds me of the Bordeaux wine yes it is a good wine and I already I drank it, but I do not exchange it for the Portuguese white green wine that Portugal is the only country that has in the world only that it has little fame.
Friend is more of my opinion.

betgo

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Bahamas conch fritters and conch chowder pictured above are really good.

I am interpreting "my country" broadly to include neighboring country dishes.

The following are some Quebec dishes. As with Cajun, some are French interpretations of British dishes.

1555102438128.png

1555102461626.png

1555102484657.png1555102659950.png1555102711584.png

Reactions: LatinoEuropa

LatinoEuropa

Ad Honorem
Oct 2015
Matosinhos Portugal

Carapáu fried with rice

peixes seco ao sol Litões e Atum »» fish in the sun Litões and Atum

Carapáu sêco ao sol »» Dry carapáu in the sun

In portugal we have several species of fish are sun dried.

Sun-dried sardines

Similar codfish

culinaria portuguesa carapaus secos imagens - Google Search:

Sardine soup

Caldeirada Sardine

Caldeirada

Recipe
1. In a large saucepan, place the clams in the bottom and cover with rolled onion, water with olive oil and add fresh tomato peeled and cut into pieces.

2. Add the pepper, the potatoes cut to the slices and season with salt flower.

3. Put in the pan the different types of fish previously cleaned and salted, leaving the sardines to the top.

4. Pour the tomato flesh, add a few pieces of pepper and add water and fresh mint leaves.

5. Bring to the boil for 30 minutes.
For Kids:
not
For vegetarians:
not

Ingredients
Clams
Sardines
Ray
Monkfish
Safio
Cation