The origin of Chinese nation and the theory of Chinese Center

Status
Closed
Jul 2014
world
Some of those cognates between Tibetan and Putonghua might not be that evident since both (but especially Putonghua) have undergone through many sound changes. But if you study some historical linguistics and know some Middle or Old Chinese you would recognize that it was a language closely related to Tibetan.
I know. Putonghua dialect shares even less cognates with Tibetan than many other Chinese dialects but my point is that for every cognates that is shared by the TIbetan-Chinese language there is hundred times more cognates that is shared between the Indo-European languages.

Forget "Sino-Tibetan" cognates even the "TIbetan-Burmese" language system cognates are much smaller in numbers than any Indo european speaking language group.

Please check out the book " Indo-European Cognate Dictionary" and be astounded by the numbers of Indo european cognates.

Jul 2019
hongkong
Buddhist Zhungars were beating the tar out of MIng, Kazakhs, Nogais and eastern mongols for three centuries. So western Mongols were quite combat effective. The Buddhist northern TIbetan tribes rebelled against the QIng for 30 years and 30 more years against the KMT muslim warlords. They were quite successful. I would call them combat effective. If you are Chinese I don't have to tell you anything about the Eastern Tibetan tribes. It took Qianlong 2 long campaigns and empty state treasury to defeat one small tribal confederation. The Qing virtually lost control of eastern TIbet for almost 50 years after the rebellion of the Ngayong Khampas in the 1850s. So I guess the Buddhist eastern Tibetans were also combat effective.

Now about the low population growth of Buddhist people. Were the Kazakhs Buddhist ? or the Nogais ? or Uighurs ? or the Baltis ? All these people suffered from low population growth before modern age because they lived in place where agriculture is bad and they have nomadic life styles. The same applies to the Buddhist tribes.

The Buddhist Han and burmese and Thai and Japanese had no problem with population growth because they lived in areas where land was fertile. It is the location which is important not faith.
this a Tibetan told me that he believed that when the Tibetans were the most powerful , they took control of the western region of China and even occupied the capital of the Tang Dynasty. but, when the belief in Buddhism, the combat power gradually lost.

But I decided to delete Buddhism in the final paper, which is easy to cause controversy.

Jul 2014
world
this a Tibetan told me that he believed that when the Tibetans were the most powerful , they took control of the western region of China and even occupied the capital of the Tang Dynasty. but, when the belief in Buddhism, the combat power gradually lost.

But I decided to delete Buddhism in the final paper, which is easy to cause controversy.
Common and understandable misconception.

Jun 2019
ru
Is there "chines nation" in this sense? There are absolutely different peoples like Uighurs, Tajiks, Mongols, Tibetans, Han Chinese, South Asians and so on

Jun 2019
ru
Everything related to the etymology of “khan” comes from the Huns I think, including kung fu(gun-fu) and Confucianism(gun-fu-tzu)
Also Zhuang Tzu is from Zhuns that's variant of Huns(also hungars and zhungars)

Last edited:
Jun 2019
ru
And it's true that Han Chinese are not huns, the real descendants of the Huns is Uygurs.
Real base of chinese is Sinai, frome there the word "chine", it's distortion "sin", "sinai"

Jun 2019
ru
Also it's funny that russian variant of "China" is "Kitay", and the people named like this are part of Bashkirs and some other regions of Middle Asia. That people are almost 100% aryans by genetic data(second graph)

Last edited:
Jun 2019
ru
The people from the region of Chine that named "uygur district"(originally East Turkestan) are Indoeuropeans but now thay are very mixed, due to political pressure

Status
Closed