The Pelasgians

Nov 2013
Lykaonia
@Akil

About what you write exactly?

You know that the first Albanians go southwards from today Bosnia and Croatia (older Illyria and Dalmatia) southwards to north Epirus and after that to some regions of middle Greece after 1.300 AD, arround 1.400 the first Arvanite populations start to settle in some regions of Greece, this is before 600 years.
You write aobut words like Ionian sea where are deffinetly greek words and the albanian language has much of greek words, also latin dont confuse this things. Much more greek words and also in albanian lands excist many greek toponyms (more in Albania specially south, north Epirus) than the greek language has albanian words or toponyms inside it.
I know this game and what you learn have already make a picture about, the crazy thing is that your history propaganda does even denie the reality about where and when the first Albanian tribes go more southwards to the today regions. Maybe you are paleobalkanic of Illyrian and Thracian origins, but this is a difference on say that you are the Pelasgians and all the other confused theories your propaganda has build.

About the Pelasgians the ancient authors located them in Aegean sea, Greece and the Asian Minor (anatolian ) coast, also they wrote that the Greek race of their time cames out from the Pelasgians but about the pelasgian language we get the information that it was a different language from ancient greek.
And no nobody connects Pelasgians with ancient Illyria or the Illyrians. This is a modern nationalistic unbased theory.

Oct 2013
Prishtinë
@Akil

About what you write exactly?

You know that the first Albanians go southwards from today Bosnia and Croatia (older Illyria and Dalmatia) southwards to north Epirus and after that to some regions of middle Greece after 1.300 AD, arround 1.400 the first Arvanite populations start to settle in some regions of Greece, this is before 600 years.
You write aobut words like Ionian sea where are deffinetly greek words and the albanian language has much of greek words, also latin dont confuse this things. Much more greek words and also in albanian lands excist many greek toponyms (more in Albania specially south, north Epirus) than the greek language has albanian words or toponyms inside it.
I know this game and what you learn have already make a picture about, the crazy thing is that your history propaganda does even denie the reality about where and when the first Albanian tribes go more southwards to the today regions. Maybe you are paleobalkanic of Illyrian and Thracian origins, but this is a difference on say that you are the Pelasgians and all the other confused theories your propaganda has build.

About the Pelasgians the ancient authors located them in Aegean sea, Greece and the Asian Minor (anatolian ) coast, also they wrote that the Greek race of their time cames out from the Pelasgians but about the pelasgian language we get the information that it was a different language from ancient greek.
And no nobody connects Pelasgians with ancient Illyria or the Illyrians. This is a modern nationalistic unbased theory.

Pelasgians ruled from north to south
north of Italy where Pelasgian also half of todays Turkey you get me Bruv
including Balkan
wich it has An Albanian Meaning People with Face....

Oct 2013
Prishtinë
Pelasgians ruled from north to south
north of Italy where Pelasgian also half of todays Turkey you get me Bruv
including Balkan
And you have Traces of Mosaics from Etruria all the way to Asia minor of People wearing the traditional hat Plis The white Cap that Pope wears it now
it's made out of wool....

Midas

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Scandinavia, Balkans, Anatolia, Hatay
Yes, because the rest of the humans have no face, they were faceless. It makes sense, all those etymologies.:suspicious:

Hesychius though tells us: <Πελασγοί>· οἱ Θεσσαλοί (the Thessalians)

He also reports, πέλαγος > μέγεθος, πλῆθος, βυθός, πλάτος θαλάσσης (size, populace, sea bottom, sea width).

Also πέλας > γείτων, ἐγγύς, πλησίον (neighbour, near, close one).

So, I guess you have better explanations than "people with face".

Midas

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Scandinavia, Balkans, Anatolia, Hatay
Do you know the meaning of the name....
Yes we know.. shpejt 'fast'. Just like English 'speed', Dutch spoed, Lithuanian speju and so on.

Apparently Hesychius will dissapoint you again:

ἄσπετος >· λίαν, μέγας (very, great)

Aspetos is generally used for someone/something unspeakable, unutterable - mostly in sense of unspeakably great.

also half of todays Turkey
Yes and in Turkey we know that Hattic and Hurrian was spoken before the arrival of the Indo-Europeans. ;)

In this case, that's what I have been pushing for. However, those languages have nothing to do with Albanian or any Indo-European language whatsoever.

Last edited:
Oct 2013
Prishtinë
Yes we know.. shpejt 'fast'. Just like English 'speed', Dutch spoed, Lithuanian speju and so on.

Apparently Hesychius will dissapoint you again:

ἄσπετος >· λίαν, μέγας (very, great)

Aspetos is generally used for someone/something unspeakable, unutterable - mostly in sense of unspeakably great.

Yes and in Turkey we know that Hattic and Hurrian was spoken before the arrival of the Indo-Europeans. ;)

In this case, that's what I have been pushing for. However, those languages have nothing to do with Albanian or any Indo-European language whatsoever.

Albanians are not Indo European
Are Proto European Also their Language
Me My self I'm Kelmend in English Clement
you have no idea BruV
All the west has Albanian Heritage Especially in Language

Similar History Discussions