The problems with the concept of "Three Kingdoms of Korea"

Jun 2013
Australia
Does the Paekche/Shilla rivalry manifest itself into the present day (I believe elements of it remain) Jeolla vs Gyeongsang regional enmity? I'm somewhat skeptical but would like to hear your thoughts Haakbus. On this note, is the Jeolla/Gyeongsang enmity that big today or have those two regions learnt to get along?

Haakbus

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
United States
Does the Paekche/Shilla rivalry manifest itself into the present day (I believe elements of it remain) Jeolla vs Gyeongsang regional enmity? I'm somewhat skeptical but would like to hear your thoughts Haakbus. On this note, is the Jeolla/Gyeongsang enmity that big today or have those two regions learnt to get along?
Hmm I wouldn't know very much about that since I don't typically study modern stuff, but I have heard that yeah some of it does remain.

Jul 2019
Victoria
I think that's more to do with the political favouritism of the late 20th century, in which politicians often bought votes for regional interests rather then see the individual states with equity. I think that's more then anything historically related.

I am more or less parroting what my Jeolla relatives say, but what i do know is that poor agricultural region has a tendency for peasant's revolts historically.

Similar History Discussions