The suggestion that the tropics will never have "advanced economies"

Mar 2019
KL
These areas are late for civilizations.
1560256906694.png

the tropics were one of the first as a matter of fact to get civilized.

eastern/northern india probably got civilized by 1200-1000 BC/ second urbanization
mexico got urbanized/civilized by 1500 BC/ olmec
the nortechico/south america got civilized much earlier 2600 BC
the ethiopians/sudan got civilized by 2500 BC /nubians/kushites
the SEA got civilized by 1 AD/ Funan

i dont think that they were late by any standards.

by contrast the only non tropical civilization to arise were the anatolians, minoans, the greeks, the BMAC, rest of them were all sub tropical.

large tropical areas of africa and south america remained uncivilized but then, their non tropical areas also remained uncivilized.

Last edited:
Jun 2015
UK
But they grow plenty of food. They grow foods that are suited to that climate and environment, just as wheat, rye, barley, or oilseed rape are in Europe.
I don't agree that they lack the agricultural means - countries like Nigeria, India, etc. have always been fertile.

I don't think climate necessarily lends to economic development.

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Florania
View attachment 20574

the tropics were one of the first as a matter of fact to get civilized.

eastern/northern india probably got civilized by 1200-1000 BC/ second urbanization
mexico got urbanized/civilized by 1500 BC/ olmec
the nortechico/south america got civilized much earlier 2600 BC
the ethiopians/sudan got civilized by 2500 BC /nubians/kushites
the SEA got civilized by 1 AD/ Funan

i dont think that they were late by any standards.

by contrast the only non tropical civilization to arise were the anatolians, minoans, the greeks, the BMAC, rest of them were all sub tropical.

large tropical areas of africa and south america remained uncivilized but then, their non tropical areas also remained uncivilized.
Temperate North America might have borderline "civilizations" such as Cakokia, Pueblo groups, Iroquois confederacy; then, even these were
far from statehood.
Why Native Americans and First Nations did not develop full-fledged civilizations?
What kept temperate Southern Africa, South America, and Australia from being civilized?

Tropical areas allow low IQ'd individuals to reproduce at higher rates than those who are smart. Area's with high seasonal variability require that individuals must have higher Iq's to survive.

It's a demographics game, just as every country as a population pyramid based on age, every country has a population pyramid based on IQ.

Look at any IQ map and you'll see the pattern.

More southern parts of Europe have lower iqs than nothern Europe, Southern asia has lowers IQ than noth eastern asia etc.

The population pyramids of course are not rigid, different social programs can have wildly different effects on your average iq level.

For example Eastern Asia's pyramid is heavily swollen around the average while the us has very wide extremes.

VHS

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
Florania
Tropical areas allow low IQ'd individuals to reproduce at higher rates than those who are smart. Area's with high seasonal variability require that individuals must have higher Iq's to survive.

It's a demographics game, just as every country as a population pyramid based on age, every country has a population pyramid based on IQ.

More southern parts of Europe have lower iqs than nothern Europe, Southern asia has lowers IQ than noth eastern asia etc.

The population pyramids of course are not rigid, different social programs can have wildly different effects on your average iq level.

For example Eastern Asia's pyramid is heavily swollen around the average while the us has very wide extremes.
I sense pseudoscience here, am I the only one?

Absolute BS. Not a shred of evidence for what you are saying, repeat after me, "correlation is not causation". This is nothing but an old fashioned racist trying to justify their opinions on thin data. If you want to make such outlandish claims, please provide a genuine scientific research paper and we can start from there.

Similar History Discussions