The suggestion that the tropics will never have "advanced economies"

Mar 2018
UK
Twin studies have been completed and have proven that IQ is entirely genetic(once accounting for basic nutrition/brain parasitesetc)

IQ data has been collected from across the world and it has a rather consistent pattern.
lol, ok, I'll tell my colleagues next door about that, I think they'll laugh pretty hard.

Do you have a link to this mysterious study? Because I can point you to a bunch that show only very weak correlation

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
on tropical agriculture
the poverty of the land is easy to remediate , make soil by careful farming
in farming , land is less important that soil , it's a living substance which does provide the growth potential
the other two factors , sunlight and water are usually abundant near the equator
while wheat and potatoes are not at their best , Maize , soya and rice just love it

Ichon

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
on tropical agriculture
in farming , land is less important that soil , it's a living substance which does provide the growth potential
the other two factors , sunlight and water are usually abundant near the equator
while wheat and potatoes are not at their best , Maize , soya and rice just love it
on tropical agriculture
This is being proven more true all the time. Not every area is suited to European or East Asian monoculture. With more careful management of native crops much of the tropics are quite fertile and while it does take awhile for the tipping point where the maintenance vs the production costs more once it is passed crops of the tropics appear more productive once the agricultural environment is made sustainable but it does take more knowledge and is less suited to the chemical pesticides and fertilizers of plains agriculture because it works best in groups. Even in Europe many agriculturalists are finding some styles of production using 4-5 plants in the same area is more productive than monoculture but it IS more labor intensive.... at first.

Similar History Discussions