The Trend to Fake Islamic Science

Jan 2014
Rus
It is a fact that they invented gunpowder to the compass. And they made continuous use of the technology before and after European arrival. There are some false claims that people say about China, but these are not two of them.
can it be confirmed by anything except chinese chronicles?

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
The most evident fake is the term "islamic science" to start with... Note that rarely , if ever, the terms "zoroastrian science" , "jewish science" , " polytheist science" or even "christian science" are used

To attach "science" to "religion" is silly and smacks of propaganda and proselytism....Those museums that are having exhibits on these topics are simply useful idiots supporting the spread of a given religion

Feb 2011
Yep, CNN should have broken that story for it to have any credibility
Not sure what you mean. Anyway I haven't seen any demands that European scientific/technological achievenments must be confirmed by non-European sources for it to be valid. It's a type of double standard. Given a large enough population anywhere, there will be forgeries. I have seen my fare share of people taking quotes completely out of context, or mistranslations so bad and so often it had to be done on purpose, used for ulterior motives. Whether these forgeries are enough to fool the academic world into saying that country/culture X invented something they didn't, needs to be proven on an individual basis. Otherwise it's faulting an entire population for the deeds of a few.

What I am afraid of with the type of response given in the OP, is that it will be used as an excuse to toss everything a entire group of people said out the window, based on the actions of a few. It's kind of obvious. The link given in the OP obviously isn't about "culturally appropriating Western science" as "a favorite past-time of globalist history", but it's obviously what the OP is about.

Last edited:
Apr 2018
Mythical land.
Not sure what you mean. Anyway I haven't seen any demands that European scientific/technological achievenments must be confirmed by non-European sources for it to be valid. It's a type of double standard. Given a large enough population anywhere, there will be forgeries. Whether these forgeries are enough to fool the academic world into saying that country/culture X invented something they didn't, needs to be proven on an individual basis.
i think that answer was sarcastic.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Not sure what you mean. Anyway I haven't seen any demands that European scientific/technological achievenments must be confirmed by non-European sources for it to be valid. It's a type of double standard. Given a large enough population anywhere, there will be forgeries. I have seen my fare share of people taking quotes completely out of context, or mistranslations so bad and so often it had to be done on purpose, used for ulterior motives. Whether these forgeries are enough to fool the academic world into saying that country/culture X invented something they didn't, needs to be proven on an individual basis. Otherwise it's faulting an entire population for the deeds of a few.
It was obviously a joke
This said I am not aware that there is any debate/serious doubt regarding the invention of gunpowder.....

Similar History Discussions