The USA pulls out of Missile Strike against Iran, possibly saving 150+ lives

Dec 2015
USA
In the situation room and in the heat of the moment...the POTUS felt that a intended missile strike against Iran in return for Irans reported attack on a US drone...would be to costly...Trump took in the humanitarian perspective. It perhaps was in the rush of the moment, when some advisers may have told the POTUS to pull the trigger that instead goodness prevailed and lives were saved effecting so many not just the 150 that may have been killed, but countless friends and family of those 150 Iranians. This is news not only for the 150 fellow humans that may have been killed had it not been for the POTUS making a humanitarian move. This also proves wrong those that say that the US is in the pockets of Israel or Saudi Arabia. And thats nothing against either Israel or Saudi but some in our world incorrectly say the USA is controlled by Israel or Saudi. In moving forward such a move to pull out of the Missile strike by Trump can be used as a power card by the US in the future, saying we saved lives by pulling out of the strike, and Iran lets be friends. I shall add my own personal opinion. This is one of the greatest days in not only US history but in the history of the world..Always good to avoid bloodshed.

Strikes on Iran Approved by Trump, Then Abruptly Pulled Back

Last edited:
Mar 2019
Kansas
In the situation room and in the heat of the moment...the POTUS felt that a intended misled strike against Iran in return for Irans reported attack on a US drone...would be to costly...Trump took in the humanitarian perspective. It perhaps was in the rush of the moment, when some advisers may have told the POTUS to pull the trigger that instead goodness prevailed and lives were saved effecting so many not just the 150 that may have been killed, but countless friends and family of those 150 Iranians. This is news not only for the 150 fellow humans that may have been killed had it not been for the POTUS making a humanitarian move. This also proves wrong those that say that the US is in the pockets of Israel or Saudi Arabia. And thats nothing against either Israel or Saudi but some in our world incorrectly say the USA is controlled by Israel or Saudi. In moving forward such a move to pull out of the Missile strike by Trump can be used as a power card by the US in the future, saying we saved lives by pulling out of the strike, and Iran lets be friends. I shall add my own personal opinion. This is one of the greatest days in not only US history but in the history of the world..Always good to avoid bloodshed.

Strikes on Iran Approved by Trump, Then Abruptly Pulled Back
Yes it genuinely surprised me. Thats now two smart decisions he has made in the last month

Jul 2009
A war with Iran is in no one's interest. The spectacle of bringing about the brink of one - and then "solving" the problem is a usual M.O. for POTUS. Creating or exacerbating a problem and then being seen as a "deal maker" is what he does. That may have been fine in New York real estate, but that experience has little or no application to international politics or to geostrategy.

Such a circus act is poor policy, and can result in serious unintended consequences. Personally, I don't think he cares as long as he dominates headlines.

Last edited:
Jul 2016
USA
There is so much beyond the simplicity of what you're stating. Reason that Trump called off the strike:

1 - Putin told him not to
2 - He chickened out, too scared to start a war
3 - Truly afraid of killing enemies of America, despite having ordered countless attacks in other countries at this point
4 - After speaking to Congressional leaders, including Democrats, he is told he will not, for whatever reasons, have their support for a larger conflict, meaning no funding
5 - He realized that the incident, the loss of an unmanned drone that might or might not have crossed a very tenuous border area of international vs Iranian territory, is not sufficient cause to present to the American People, the media, and Congress for a retaliatory military strike, which will almost guarantee an escalation and tit-for-tat against a dangerous enemy who has the potential to cause great harm to Persian Gulf shipping. Meanwhile, next presidential election is in November 2020, 1.5 years from now, and he can't afford a bloody and costly war.

Dec 2015
USA
I will add that it has not been confirmed Iran actually shot down a US drone which is why in the OP I used the word reported attack. Iran has claimed it shot down the drone nonetheless. And the US and Iran have gone back and fourth with there differences. As many know the US has sanctioned Iran numerous times. There has been constant negative talk and accusations between the US and Iran for decades. Hopefully cooler heads can prevail IMO, I hope the USA and Iran can get along and that Iran can become more liberal.

Dec 2015
USA
There is so much beyond the simplicity of what you're stating. Reason that Trump called off the strike:

3 - Truly afraid of killing enemies of America, despite having ordered countless attacks in other countries at this point
4 - After speaking to Congressional leaders, including Democrats, he is told he will not, for whatever reasons, have their support for a larger conflict, meaning no funding
5 - He realized that the incident, the loss of an unmanned drone that might or might not have crossed a very tenuous border area of international vs Iranian territory, is not sufficient cause to present to the American People, the media, and Congress for a retaliatory military strike, which will almost guarantee an escalation and tit-for-tat against a dangerous enemy who has the potential to cause great harm to Persian Gulf shipping. Meanwhile, next presidential election is in November 2020, 1.5 years from now, and he can't afford a bloody and costly war.
Thats ok its your opinion on the matter, to each there own.

Jul 2009

aggie, if he cannot afford a bloody and costly war he should either let experts handle it, or he needs to STFU.

Dec 2015
USA
If they won't attack Shia terrorists they might as well stop attacking Sunni terrorists. I guess Sunnis are seen as more dangerous.
What Shia terrorists? Iran is a legit nation, part of the UN. And I agree that Iran needs to be more liberal. But as for Iran...They are not terrorists Iran is a recognized country. A terrorist(and I tend to not use this word as it can be used for the wrong reasons IMO) group would be a group like the KKK or AQ. And I assume by Sunni terrorists you mean groups like AQ and ISIL.