The victorious Allies dismember Germany after WWI

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
What if the victorious Allies would have, for whatever reason, decided to completely dismember Germany after the end of WWI--recreating an independent Prussia, Bavaria, Baden, et cetera?

Mar 2019
Kansas
What if the victorious Allies would have, for whatever reason, decided to completely dismember Germany after the end of WWI--recreating an independent Prussia, Bavaria, Baden, et cetera?
Well in a sense that is what did happen. Poland and Soviets got a chunk. East and West Germany were created as unique political entities. Also (I have not check) but I think France took a piece as well.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Well in a sense that is what did happen. Poland and Soviets got a chunk. East and West Germany were created as unique political entities. Also (I have not check) but I think France took a piece as well.
I was talking about post-WWI here--not post-WWII.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
I get the feeling that even if Germany was partitioned, they would not create an independent Prussian state, for... obvious reasons. They'd likely give that territory to Russia.
That would be kind of hard to do when Russia is Bolshevik and intent on triggering world Communist revolution, though.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Oops :lol:
Yeah, the Prussians are certainly going to fight to the last man rather than be Communized. The fear of the Soviet Union appears to have strengthened German willpower to fight on up to the bitter end in WWII in real life.

Also, Poland could theoretically acquire Prussia but the risk is that it would have too many Germans for it to successfully process. Maybe the best that Poland could hope for would be to acquire East Prussia, Danzig, Pomerania, and western Upper Silesia in addition to what they acquired in real life. Also, there could be an independent Brandenburg-Silesian state as well as another separate Rhineland state. Silesia could have theoretically been given to Czechoslovakia, but it already had more Germans that it could swallow--which in turn makes this a rather unappealing option--hence the only viable option likely being a union between Brandenburg and Silesia into one independent state.

Similar History Discussions