The Wheel in Ancient Ghana, Mali, and Songhai?

Sep 2014
Texas
your joking when you say wheel came from west and middle east in India. Indian civilizations are being deeply underrated by foreigners. India was indeed equal to Rome, China and Middle East with a huge fiscal surplus for over two millenia. It had more gold then anyother place in the world. Wheel did not come to India. India invented the wheel for itself.
The wheel came to India with the Mittani/Vedic Indians fleeing Assyria. They were definitely a part of the invention process as well as the domestication of the horse but this was thousands of years before the arrived in India. The folks of North western India saw a lot of Asia before stopping there.

Sep 2014
Texas
Why carry cargo on your back when you can roll it behind you in a suit case? The same applies for wagons and chariots. If you are carrying yourself (and your cargo) on an animal's back, you could get alot more bank for your buck if you carried more cargo in a wagon behind you. Not saying I'm right (or wrong) but it just seems like having wheeled vessels would be much more efficient for carrying lots of supplies and/or passengers. That being said, in my humble opinion, I don't think the wheel was overrated.
Camels pull wagons in Central Asia.

Similar History Discussions