There is no such thing as a "misogynist" society

deaf tuner

Ad Honoris
Oct 2013
Europix
....It would be better if people learned more about logic and proper argumentation, rather than wasting their time reading nonsense feminist theory and psychoanalysis (a pseudo-science).
You introduced something that hasn't anything to do with what I was saying, plus, it's an assumption based on nothing.

I didn't mentioned any feminist theory, any psychoanalysis, and You don't know if I am reading that stuff or not.

So, if You want to re-read my response taking into account that feminism and psychoanalysis are inexistent in it, maybe it's clearer.

Or maybe not?

Nov 2016
Germany
@civfanatic:

My impression is that you are a misogynist who desperately tries to mask it behind the idée fixe that there "are no misogynist societies". Psychologically spoken, this is a reaction formation.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Ad Honorem
Oct 2012
Des Moines, Iowa
@civfanatic:

My impression is that you are a misogynist who desperately tries to mask it behind the idée fixe that there "are no misogynist societies". Psychologically spoken, this is a reaction formation.
You have committed the fallacy of argumentum ad hominem. This is a common recourse of those who lack the ability to make logically sound arguments.

I am as much a "misogynist" as people like Hammurabi, Confucius, Aristotle, and Cicero. It is an honor to be placed in the same category as those great men. They would all agree with my views.

Feb 2011
Those people are not infallible. In fact they are terribly out of date.

For example, Hammurabi's law code says: If anyone accuses someone else of sorcery, the accused shall leap into the river, and if he drowns the accuser shall take possession of the accused's house and belongings. However, if the accused reaches the shore unharmed and the river thus proves that the accused is innocent of the charges, then the accuser shall be put to death, while the one who leaped into the river shall take possession of the house and belongings of the accuser.

I hope you can swim.

As for Confucius, he said almost nothing about women, and of what he did say, it was very vague and under debate. We're not even sure if he was speaking of women at all, or if he was speaking about little girls. It was later Confucian scholars who really put the clamp down on women. Anyway, if you want to follow Confucius then maybe you should follow his prescribed three year mourning period for the death of a parent.

Last edited:

Similar History Discussions