Thessalians- the northernmost greeks

Jan 2016
Collapsed wave
It may be inappropriate to ask, and I apologize if it is, but I’m curious to what his agenda is/was here?

I don’t know a ton about the Thracians, but is there really a Thracian nationalist movement? How does something like that even exist?

What are people going to be touting next, being Etruscan? I just really don’t get what the point is here.

They have bit of identity crisis. The problem is that their current slavic language (a bulgarian dialect) doesn't match their claim on Ancient macedonia and Alexander in particular. Their capital is full of his statues. They see "ancient noses in the mirror" to quote the poster Ken. So they try to invent an ancient macedonian language that is slavic.

here the quote:

Sep 2019
Vergina
It may be inappropriate to ask, and I apologize if it is, but I’m curious to what his agenda is/was here?

I don’t know a ton about the Thracians, but is there really a Thracian nationalist movement? How does something like that even exist?
Not Thracian nationalism. It seems to have been Macedonian nationalism and the idea that Ancient Macedonians and Thracians were somehow direct predecessors of Slavic Macedonians. He also seems to have pushed the ''suppressed history'' narrative (I.E. What is written in the history books was fabricated by the evil great powers and the truth is that [Insert nationality here, in this case Macedonians.] had some super advanced civilisation or influenced the entire world or something like that.) and used common crackpot tactics such as denying scholarship from nationalities he doesn't like and denying anything that didn't fit his narrative.
They have bit of identity crisis. The problem is that their current slavic language (a bulgarian dialect) doesn't match their claim on Ancient macedonia and Alexander in particular. Their capital is full of his statues. They see "ancient noses in the mirror" to quote the poster Ken. So they try to invent an ancient macedonian language that is slavic.
I think this also plays into the idea of United or Greater Macedonia. If ancient Macedonians-Thessalians are proven to be of Thracian ancestry (not Greek) then their former territories can potentially be incorporated into a larger Macedonian state.

Last edited: