Things that you dislike about your country

Dec 2015
USA
Richard Spencer is a white supremacist. Like asking a jew to debate a nazi not to exterminate him.
Richard Spencer also has to be allowed to speak at public places without getting harassed. Richard and Robert Spencer are similarly minded and they make money off of bigotry which is unfortunate...most folks in our world are good though. That said all we have to do is very easy, defeat the Spencers in debate which is again very easy.

Dec 2015
USA
I've seen this sort of thing on YouTube. But I'm not convinced it is immature, or childish. I think it's more like ideology. What ideology is the thing obviously, sooner or later.
Well I have attended this event in person. I saw adults yelling, screaming, using vulgar language toward Mr Spencer...imo that is immature. It certainly was not an ideology because the people yelling at Spencer were not unified, they were saying different types of insults. That said Away from these types of Campuses though I feel most Americans are able to maintain a polite demeanor even when they are speaking with someone they disagree with.

Dec 2018
Cheyenne
Richard Spencer also has to be allowed to speak at public places without getting harassed. Richard and Robert Spencer are similarly minded and they make money off of bigotry which is unfortunate...most folks in our world are good though. That said all we have to do is very easy, defeat the Spencers in debate which is again very easy.
Disagree. The Richard Spencer's of the world arent their to debate in good faith they are there to prosthelytize. The argument to me was settled in 1945.

Mar 2019
Cisalpine Gaul (Italy)
What are some things that you dislike about your country?

As for me:

Adopted country (USA):

1. Its historical treatment of Native Americans. I understand the need for living space but this could've been handled in a more humane manner--as in, no Trail of Tears, et cetera.
2. The historical presence of slavery in various parts of the US and especially in the Southern US.
3. The bad treatment that free Black people received in various parts of the US but especially in the Southern US (Jim Crow laws) until the 1960s.
4. The US's war against the Filipinos at the end of the 19th century and in the early 20th century. The Filipinos wanted independence and the US should have given it to them immediately.
5. The US's support of brutal dictators and also support of regime change during the Cold War and, in some cases, after the end of the Cold War (though post-Cold War US-sponsored regime change has been better than Cold War US-sponsored regime change).

Birth country (Israel):

1. Its lack of civil marriage.
2. Its Jewish chauvinism (including the extreme difficulty of having non-Jews move to Israel).
3. Its treatment of the Palestinians. Note: IMHO, it would have been better for Israel to conquer all of the West Bank in 1948-1949. In such a scenario, there might not have been a Palestinian issue in Israel since a lot of the Palestinians in the West Bank might have fled to Jordan.
4. Its overpopulation/overcrowdedness.
5. Its forced military service (the draft--which emigrants such as myself thankfully don't have to worry about).

Anyway, what are some things that you dislike about your own country or countries?

Italy:

1. Widespread xenophobia
2. Disinterest about culture
3. Disparity between northern regions and southern ones
4. Apology to the fascist regime
5. Imperialism during first half of the past century

Similar History Discussions