Things you need to know about the Horn of Africa

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Fascinating land. A real mixture of cultures and historical influences. Just to say, I'm considering to visit Ethiopia.

I see you are from Nigeria: keep on posting information about the history of the African lands and peoples. I guess that internet sailors will appreciate the possibility to discover the rich past of Africa.

Feb 2019
Nigeria
Fascinating land. A real mixture of cultures and historical influences. Just to say, I'm considering to visit Ethiopia.

I see you are from Nigeria: keep on posting information about the history of the African lands and peoples. I guess that internet sailors will appreciate the possibility to discover the rich past of Africa.
Thanks a lot Sir, Africa is a great continent but it's underrated. Ethiopia is a great country but historical and relaxation, I believe you will have a great time there.

antocya

Ad Honorem
May 2012
Iraq
I lived in Djibouti for 6 months and visited Ethiopia.

I hated living in Djibouti but it was interesting. It was just really hot, kind of expensive and there’s usually no running water even in the capital.

I’m pretty sure all the alcohol was bootleg because all the beer tasted the same, regardless of brand. It was all sweet tasting.

I really liked Ethiopia, it was so much nicer. The climate in Addis Ababa was great, it was cool, even a bit cold at night. It was extremely cheap and the food was great.

I would love to have seen more of the country but I just didn’t have the time. I just saw Addis Ababa.

Feb 2019
Nigeria
I lived in Djibouti for 6 months and visited Ethiopia.

I hated living in Djibouti but it was interesting. It was just really hot, kind of expensive and there’s usually no running water even in the capital.

I’m pretty sure all the alcohol was bootleg because all the beer tasted the same, regardless of brand. It was all sweet tasting.

I really liked Ethiopia, it was so much nicer. The climate in Addis Ababa was great, it was cool, even a bit cold at night. It was extremely cheap and the food was great.

I would love to have seen more of the country but I just didn’t have the time. I just saw Addis Ababa.
Well, I haven't visited any of those places but with the kind of whether we have here in Nigeria even if it's not the same there but we share the same continent.

Life in Djibouti is the same as life in Northern Nigeria, with hot weather and it's difficult for Agriculture to proper there so it may be one of the reasons thing get expensive and the corrupt government stealing public funds.