'Thracology' and the manipulation of Bulgarian history

Aug 2010
Central Macedonia
As far as I know, except for Galatia, Turkey, the Celts did not really settle in great numbers in the Balkans. They did stay in Greece and Bulgaria from 280 to around 230 BC, but most of them left. Only those in Galatia settled down and mixed with local populations. Bulgarians are not of Celtic origin, or we Greeks are as well! There is some Celtic influence and racial mixing of course, but not to a high degree....

Aug 2010
Central Macedonia
There was some Celtic presence in the Balkans for decades (in some areas like Greece) or centuries (in some regions in Turkey). I am not sure for how long the Celts remained in Bulgaria/Thrace, but I don't think it was for centuries.

beorna

Ad Honoris
Jan 2010
-
There was during the 3rd century a Celtic empire of Galatoi at the Tundza river and the Maritza, known as empire of Tylis, founded by Kambaules. I suppose the article is about them.
I can't say if bulgarian politics denied this or not. But their role is minor than those of Thracians. But Bulgarians are neither Celts nor Thracians.

Jun 2011
That the archaeological facts have been, and continue to be, manipulated by 'Thracologists' in Bulgaria.

sturm

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Bulgaria
Basically i agree with Anna James post in the other thread - http://www.historum.com/ancient-history/17897-thracians-their-place-history-17.html#post670657?postcount=169

beorna said:
I can't say if bulgarian politics denied this or not. But their role is minor than those of Thracians. But Bulgarians are neither Celts nor Thracians.
As far as i understood from the site, it doesn't claim that Bulgarians are of thracian or celtic origin, but that some archeological artefacts are falsly (but deliberately) presented as thracian, even though they are supposed to be celtic..
But then Anna James rised a good point in the other thread.