Time before Time - Was there another civilization before Ours ?

Status
Closed
Nov 2011
The Dustbin, formerly, Garden of England
Well, we know what it does, what more are you looking for? It may have been meant to be mounted in a town square and could have been water-powered--no point at all in having someone hand-crank the thing continuously! Yeah, pretty clever toy, eh?

Matthew
There was a fairly lengthy BBC documentary on this some time ago. While various "planetariums" and ingenious mechanical toys are reported from antiquity, it was suggested that the Antikythera Mechanism was most likely used for astrological forecasts in divination and drawing up horoscopes, a practice that was widespread in the period but a capital offence in the Roman Empire (depending on whose horoscope was being cast). The risk of owning such a "machine" may explain why there are no mentions of it or similar products in historical records.

Apr 2019
Seattle
Bleda wrote:

"Interesting train of thought. I personally prefer Wikipedia as a quick source to everything.Just that Wiki didn't print the other side of the coin...the story of the original owner, who like the owner of the Coso arthefact had their lawful ancient property confiscated and these
lovers of history and archaeology don't want to talk much about their discoveries...gentle persuasion on part of Uncle Sam."

"Sure beats your Social Security check stopped and having to dig through trash bins for your next meal in the sunset of your life."

Coso artifact - Wikipedia

"Owner of the prehistoric find claims that the picture of the Coso Artefact is not the real picture of the archaeological item he dug out of the rocks."

Suffice it to say I'm a little familiar with the Coso Artifact.

Bleda, if you had bothered to click the links on that Wikipedia article, you would have seen that it took you to the full background of the Coso Artifact, including how it was found, who possessed it, and what ultimately happened to the artifact. It was never "confiscated". You also have zero information regarding the "real picture" of the Coso Artifact. If you think there's an "other" side, feel free to share it with us.

Pierre

Jul 2017
Neverland
Good points above gentlemen. Also,thanks for the Time Travel suggestion by another esteemed forum member a few pages back.
Although Time Travel is an attribute of movie studios and Sci Fi, while Time is property of the Universe and God.
We all wish , we can flip a switch and go back,so to prevent Genghis Khan, stop WWI,WWII ,or thwart Agimet & Co from contributing to Black Death, where in upwards to 60% perished in England and Spain & Portugal combined went from 6+ mln to 2.5 mln.

I prefer ancient source, archaeological find or something that can not be digitally altered or photoshoped.
Let's take a virtual travel instead.
Destination - Romania - Europe.
Museum of Natural History - Cluj-Napoca - Romania

1555130475237.png

This aluminium device is 250 000 years old.

Discovered in Transylvania- Romania in 1973 by miners and lab tested by a Romanian dating lab to contain 90% aluminium and 10% other metals.
Keep in mind that aluminium was discovered in 1825 by a Danish chemist, Napoleon III served his official guests at state dinners on dishes made of aluminium and in the USA production began in 1889.

The communist of communist strongman Nicholas Caeusesco hid this pre-historic artifact in a vault, but not before having
Swiss lab in Lausanne date test it. The result from Switzerland confirmed the romanian lab results.

The new democratic Romania now exibits the item to the public. Contrarians popped out of the woodwork almost immediately, namely in the person of local historian/turned avionics expert Mr. Mihai Wittenberger(I believe).

He claims the device is a piece of the landing gear of the Nazi Me 262 aircraft, although experts say this device is made by hand
and is too crude compared to the real somewhat similarly looking part manufactured by using milling,latthe,drilling machines.

Experts confirm that the original part has less aluminium, so as to prevent pilots that land to experience landing gear collapse and injuries or death to pilots.This pre-historic device can not be part of a battle ax ,as others suggest, simply because even a stone ax can do more damage compared to soft metal, besides Neanderthals did not know of aluminium or bronze or iron battle axes.

The drama thickens !

250 000 years ago only Neanderthals were around and they resided in Africa according to evolution. Their Out of Africa migration will only begin in and around 100 000 BCE. So Mr. Wittenberger's dilemma grows bigger. He can't disprove the labs and goes opposite William Shakespear's way..."Let's kill all lawyers"...Henry VI

The Romanian genius wants to ...elevate all the lawyers and find an activist judge to throw away the scientific evidence.
Plus who needs scientists anyway, they are thorn in the side of humanity. Let the judiciary decide.

Right out of the kabuki theatre !
Link below on the matter.

Mysterious piece of aluminium 'could be part of ancient UFO' that visited 250k years ago | Daily Mail Online

ps Mr.Mihai Wittenberger is my nominee for standup comedy or Entertainer of the Year.
Kudos

Aug 2014
Australia
This aluminium device is 250 000 years old.
Utter rubbish. It is a tooth from an excavator. The alloy is consistent with modern 2000 series duralumin. It came off the shovel the construction crew used to dig the initial hole. Someone later found it along with some mastodon bones and handed it in to a museum where it sat for 20 years before some UFO wackjobs found it.

Last edited:

Vaeltaja

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
Utter rubbish. It is a tooth from an excavator. The alloy is consistent with modern 2000 series duralumin. It came off the shovel the construction crew used to dig the initial hole. Someone later found it along with some mastodon bones and handed it in to a museum where it sat for 20 years before some UFO wackjobs found it.
Yep. He who controls the past...: Aluminum, Aliens (9): Diagram: Aiud Object Explained && He who controls the past...: Aluminum, Aliens (1): What "THEY" left Behind in Aiud

Jul 2017
Neverland
PierreStromberg, since specious is superficially plausible, but actually wrong, I'd have to use former pres.Bill Clinton's..
" Depends on what IS is" definition.

I tend to trust the original finders/owners of this artifact and doubt the latter story of the naysayers, that some worker left his spark plug on the rocks in the 1920s and it got encased in solid strata.

The naysayers story that this is a 1920s Champion spark plug has a few probs...some of which, that Mr.Lane claims whats being displayed is NOT what he found and then the item that he found was crude device and therefore less sophisticated from your garden variety 1920s Champion spark plug.

His rock trophy at the time had some wires different from the Champion more advanced engineering.But ,please let put an end to this thread, since I'm getting in hot water with the contrarians.They hate ancient texts, archaeological evidence, cave petroglyphs etc

Maybe I should write a thread titled..." Donald Trump's Army vs Julius Caesar's legions. Who wins ?" Then I guess I'll blend in and become popular...wink wink

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia

I liked his rave about neanderthals better :)

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
PierreStromberg, since specious is superficially plausible, but actually wrong, I'd have to use former pres.Bill Clinton's..
" Depends on what IS is" definition.

I tend to trust the original finders/owners of this artifact and doubt the latter story of the naysayers, that some worker left his spark plug on the rocks in the 1920s and it got encased in solid strata.

The naysayers story that this is a 1920s Champion spark plug has a few probs...some of which, that Mr.Lane claims whats being displayed is NOT what he found and then the item that he found was crude device and therefore less sophisticated from your garden variety 1920s Champion spark plug.

His rock trophy at the time had some wires different from the Champion more advanced engineering.But ,please let put an end to this thread, since I'm getting in hot water with the contrarians.They hate ancient texts, archaeological evidence, cave petroglyphs etc

Maybe I should write a thread titled..." Donald Trump's Army vs Julius Caesar's legions. Who wins ?" Then I guess I'll blend in and become popular...wink wink
You are on the wrong forum . You do realize this a history forum and not 'David Icke' or 'Unexplained Mysteries' ( yet even on that one, these devices you mentioned, every one of them, and more, have been completely carved up and toughly debunked ... actually, dont bother taking them there , there are so sick of this stuff and have proved its dishonesty over and over and that of those who tout it , that you will be challenged as an outright liar.

Status
Closed