Titanic Struck By Torpedo Boat?

Status
Closed

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
My guess it was a shipping industry dispute, JP Morgans backing of Whitestar against the former Dutch East India Company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_East_India_Company

Probably weren't too happy about being cut out of the Industry after all those years.

Just a theory
The link goes to the Danish East India Company, not to the Dutch.

Anyway what you pointed can’t be really considered a “theory” in most of the disciplines or social sciences. Maybe if you use the word in a more common sense as a synonymous of speculation… a conjecture… well we are in the speculative forum… there are even threads about aliens.

I got a better story,
It was an Iceberg:lol:
actually not funny:crying:

Just couldn't stand the James Cameron film:vomit:

link was corrected by edit

More interested in California History, just passing time with some speculation.
From what I remember on studying the subject years ago, Titanic would of been a sitting duck for a couple torpedo shots, with the 2 torpedos coming in from an easterly direction with the moon and sky lighting her up like a drive in movie screen.

good luck

Last edited:

Bart Dale

Ad Honorem
Dec 2009
I remember something like that too.

In my recollection, the German guy wasn't German, but Dutch.

The Dutch Indian Co. bought a German torpedo, the one that torpedoed the Titanic. (It's true, it's about big money, monopoly, aso)

The famous band that kept playing till the Titanic sunk: it was a jazz band originary feom Dutch Indias, and they kept playing because they expected the Dutch torpedo crew will save them.

What they didn't knew was that the torpedo boat sunk too (the second torpedo destinated to the Titanic malfunctioned and explode on board) and the only survivor was the Chief torpedoist, that passed himself for a German turist in the Titanic's lifeboat.
And I recall hearing the pyramids were actually built by Bigfoot. That rumor is just as likely.

Titanic must of had some pretty terrible lookouts

I never heard of an Iceberg ever drifting 10 miles out of New York Harbor, definitely way out of the North Atlantic ice range drift, Especially the size and density required to damage Titanic. ice mush, maybe.

fascinating

Last edited:
Jan 2015
MD, USA
Titanic must of had some pretty terrible lookouts

I never heard of an Iceberg ever drifting 10 miles out of New York Harbor, definitely way out of the North Atlantic ice range drift, Especially the size and density required to damage Titanic. ice mush, maybe.

fascinating
Are you joking, trolling, or on dope? Have you actually read any of the many *factual* accounts of the Titanic? A quick Google search turned up this in the first entry: "The wreck of the RMS Titanic lies at a depth of about 12,500 feet (3.8 km; 2.37 mi), about 370 miles (600 km) south-southeast off the coast of Newfoundland." Glancing at a map, that's at least 700 miles from New York, just roughly eyeballing it. In fact, if you measure 350 to 400 miles directly towards NY from Newfoundland, you still end up a good 200 miles short.

The encounter with the iceberg is VERY well documented by literally dozens of eyewitnesses. The lookouts spotted it at quite a distance, but the first officer (second?) was not able to turn the ship in time to avoid it. Ironically, some have said that if the lookouts had *not* seen it until much later, the ship would have rammed it head-on and could have stayed afloat.

Maybe you can find some nice flat-earth discussion board for your loopy fantasy stories? I just think you'd be happier there.

Matthew

Numerous misreported wreck sites
Google Image Result for https://www.historicmysteries.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/RMS-Titanic-Wreckage.png

Draw a line from Ireland to New York, if the wreck site isn't within that line it's a false location.

Forgot the actual distance she was sunk but lined up perfectly to the treaty for torpedos signed a few years earlier, believe it was not too far off Nova Scotia, and still out of Iceberg drift lanes, though.
From the Outside edge of New York Harbor to the wreck site was exact treaty distance.
Not interested enough to pull all details again.
and no money to be made from it, so I aint doin it.

Send me $100,000.00 and I will give you a report that makes your sphincter shrink
Adieu

Last edited:
Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions