Top 10 Roman Generals (Byzantine allowed)

Oct 2018
Sydney
Yes, there have been other threads like this. And yes, some of you will comment your opinion that threads of this kind are uninteresting, pointless, fallacious, etc. Fine. I acknowledge that it's of course impossible to definitively compare many of these generals, since we have much more information on, e.g., Caesar's campaigns, accompanied as they were by his commentaries, than we do on on, say, those of Constantine, whose campaigns provoked little interest from the Christian writers of his age beyond the supposed role of their god. Regardless, I personally find it interesting to see which generals people consider to be the greatest. It relates to the same fascination that has led me to create polls asking for favourite Roman emperors, empresses and dynasties.

This thread is asking for top 10 lists, which I think will be more interesting than your standard thread on this topic, since Scipio Africanus and Caesar tend to dominate threads that ask for a single answer (thus Rome's Greatest General?). Your list does not need to be in any particular order, and it may include Byzantine choices.

Oct 2018
Sydney
So, of course lists of this kind are mostly subjective. Regardless, here is a top ten (in chronological order):

Marcellus
Scipio Africanus
Marius
Sulla
Caesar
Aurelian
Galerius
Constantine
Aetius
Belisarius

Sep 2019
Vergina
Here's my attempt:

Scipio Africanus
Flamininus
Sulla
Caesar
Labienus
Antony
Severus
Constantine
Stilicho
Belisarius

Scipio Africanus, Caesar, Constantine, Belisarius all around great. Added Flaminius for the victory at Cynoscephalae noting his decision to personally take command of the right. Sulla played an important role in Marius' victories in the Jugurthine War-Vercellae in addition to his own victories over Mithridates. Labienus is an underrated commander nearly crushed Caesar at both Ruspina and Munda. Antony, despite the disasters in Parthia and at Actium, was a very good commander holding against great odds at Forum Gallorum-Mutina and achieving a brilliant victory at Philippi. Severus was all around pretty successful defeating his Roman rivals and sacking Ctesiphon. Stilicho is probably my favorite commander on the list, holding Western Empire together against repeated threats.

Feb 2019
Thrace
1.Julius Caesar

2.Scipio Africanus

3.Belisarius

4.Narses

5.Trajan

6.Heraclius

7.Aurelian

8.Pompey

9.Sulla

10.Lucullus

11.Sertorius

12.Tiberius

13.Aetius

14.Stilicho

15.Septimus Severus

16.Basil II

17.Germanicus

18.Gaius Marius

19.Nikephoros II Phokas

20.John I Tzimiskes

Honourable Mentions: Julian the Apostate, Theodosius I, Mark Antony, Agrippa, Julian, Constantine V, John II, Fabius Maximus, Lucius Aemilius Paullus Macedonicus, Marcus Furius Camillus