Toyotomi Clan Descendants

Status
Closed

mingming

Ad Honorem
Feb 2011
Los Santos, San Andreas
Are there still descendants of Hideyoshi and the Toyotomi Clan today? Just curious.

okamido

Forum Staff
Jun 2009
land of Califia
I wouldn't think that there would be any direct descendants that made it out of the 17th century alive, but perhaps there might be some non-players from concubines or something like that.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Given that Hideyoshi had very few relatives, and he had his nephew and his entire family put to death, and Ieyasu did the same to Hideyori, I doubt there would be any relatives left. Apparently, there was one girl child by the name of Okiku who was spared from his nephew's family, but I don't know whether or not she went on to have any descendants.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Direct descendants...I don't think so
Did Hashiba Hidenaga die heirless?
I think so. He was very close to his brother, and was appointed guardian of Hideyoshi's first son. Hidetsugu (who was the son of Hideyoshi's sister) wasn't named heir until after Hidenaga's death, which would lead one to believe that Hidenaga would have been the preferred choice. In turn, that would imply that had Hidenaga had any offspring, they would have been chosen over Hidetsugu. I'm happy to be proven wrong over this though, as I don't know the answer for certain.

Also, I can't see Ieyasu leaving any threats like that alive to challenge him.

Apr 2012
The Netherlands
Didn't one of Hideyori's daughters got spared? But then again i heard she became a priest so i doubt she would have gotten any children.

Jun 2011
São Tomé de Meliapore
Are there still descendants of Hideyoshi and the Toyotomi Clan today? Just curious.
Toyotomi clan was done with. Iyeyasu was responsible for that. Toyotomi clan is not the descendant clan of the any of the four imperial clans.

Four clans 源平藤橘 (genpeitoukitsu)  minamoto taira fujiwara tachibana.

Even if Iyeyasu spared Hideyoshi's son and wife , there was no chance for him to become the next shogun and again creating another wars and turbulence created by the loyalist of Hideyoshi.

Wiki claims that this clan descends for Toyotami clan
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%BE%BD%E6%9F%B4%E6%B0%8F

Last edited:
Jun 2011
São Tomé de Meliapore
Why was Hideyoshi's wife O-Ne (Nene) so respected by Ieyasu?
It is obvious. Hideyori and his mother stayed in Osaka castle and Iyeyasu hear that Hideyori is building an army.Iyeyasu waged a mini war and Hideyori's castle fell and the PBS documentary said that Iyeyasu killed every body who stayed along with Hideyori in the Osaka castle . Since Iyeyasu had respect for Hideyoshi, he asked Hideyori and his mother to commit seppuku. Later he grieved for asking Hideyori to commit seppuku and He wrote buddha's name ten thousand time for repenting his mistake.

Status
Closed