Transformational national leaders who were either naturalized citizens or of recent immigrant descent?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Which transformational (I'm not saying great here because a transformation leader merely needs to have a huge impact on his or her country--regardless of whether it's a good impact or a bad impact) national leaders were either personally naturalized citizens or of recent immigrant descent? So far, I could think of Hitler (naturalized German citizen) and Napoleon (born in France to two naturalized French citizens), but which other such leaders were there?

Also, FTR, I'm not counting national leaders who led independence movements. Obviously people such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were naturalized US citizens, but that's because the US didn't actually exist when they were born. Thus, they certainly don't count for this. Ditto for early Israeli leaders such as David Ben-Gurion and Levi Eshkol.

Mar 2019
Kansas
Which transformational (I'm not saying great here because a transformation leader merely needs to have a huge impact on his or her country--regardless of whether it's a good impact or a bad impact) national leaders were either personally naturalized citizens or of recent immigrant descent? So far, I could think of Hitler (naturalized German citizen) and Napoleon (born in France to two naturalized French citizens), but which other such leaders were there?

Also, FTR, I'm not counting national leaders who led independence movements. Obviously people such as George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were naturalized US citizens, but that's because the US didn't actually exist when they were born. Thus, they certainly don't count for this. Ditto for early Israeli leaders such as David Ben-Gurion and Levi Eshkol.
Julia Gillard First Australian Woman Prime Minister. Immigrated from Wales as a child.

Andrew Fisher. Australia's 5th Prime Minister. Immigrated to Australia at 23 from Scotland

Billy Hughes Australian Prime Minister in WW1 Immigrated to Australia from Wales

Reactions: Futurist

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Julia Gillard First Australian Woman Prime Minister. Immigrated from Wales as a child.

Andrew Fisher. Australia's 5th Prime Minister. Immigrated to Australia at 23 from Scotland

Billy Hughes Australian Prime Minister in WW1 Immigrated to Australia from Wales
Were they transformative?

Reactions: Futurist