Turkey commting assisted economic suicide?

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
These are only your own personally coloured perceptions. Possibly perhaps even your private wishes. They are not the realities that are actually going to manifest. Maybe in your own mind you see a Turkey fading away, but what is going to actually play out is not decided in your mind only. And what so called 'opening a front' is that which you are talking about?

Not every US$700 billion economy now - including Turkey - is automatically going to be a US$2.5 trillion economy in 2050. That ain't how it works. Depends also on how their economy & their population continue to develop too.

SA is not going to be so called 'oil rich' forever, simply because oil is not an inexhaustible resource. Whether they can continue to thrive as they run out of oil still remains to be seen. Their historical dependence on oil is in fact their #1 liability. While they on their own, without US backing, are not yet physically that credible as a so called bastion of Islam.

Turkey, Iran & Pakistan all thriving & continuing to thrive at the same time is not necessarily an impossible scenario. It is SA, rather than Turkey, Pakistan or Iran, which is yet to prove itself in terms of real sustainability.
I was referring to current scenario of Saudi Arabia, its a rich and influential country, even Shia Muslims outside of Iran see Ayatollah as their leader.

As for Pakistan, Pakistan's economy is sustained by subsidized oil they get from countries like Saudi Arabia for "Muslim brother" feeling and the remittances from Gulf countries. If Gulf economy would be doomed so would be Pakistan. Apart from Pakistan's atom bomb, everything is fragile about Pakistan's economy and even military.

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
I can see Turkey as a quasi European and modern country. But why do you think Iran ( mullah rule/sanctions) and Pakistan (army rule/huge illiterate population) will thrive in future?
Why do you think not. Countries come in all shapes, colours, textures & sizes. No reason whatsoever that any of them at all should fit neatly into someone's or anyone's particular specifications.

Last edited:

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
Devdas, dude. You could set up two separate new threads. One on Iran, another on Pakistan. Where you could continue to indulge yourself in your anti-Iranian & anti-Pakistani rantings, respectively, to your boundless pleasure.

Well, at least for as long as the Mods would allow you.:hug:

Last edited:
Jul 2014
world
Why do you think not. Countries come in all shapes, colours, textures & sizes. No reason whatsoever that any of them at all should fit neatly into someone's or anyone's particular specifications.
To be succesfull a country has to have an educated populace, good infrastructure, open trade, an openminded government and most important of all an openminded citizens. Iran and Pakistan lack many of these important traits.

Reactions: Iraq Bruin

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
To be succesfull a country has to have an educated populace, good infrastructure, open trade, an openminded government and most important of all an openminded citizens. Iran and Pakistan lack many of these important traits.
Songtsen, dude. Same suggestion as given to Devdas above for you.

Devdas

Ad Honorem
Apr 2015
India
Devdas, dude. You could set up two separate new threads. One on Iran, another on Pakistan. Where you could continue to indulge yourself in your anti-Iranian & anti-Pakistani rantings, respectively, to your boundless pleasure.

Well, at least for as long as the Mods would allow you.:hug:
I commented about Turkey's ummah goal vis a vis Saudi Arabia and Iran.

Dreamhunter

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Malaysia
I do not really think that anything is about disregarding anybody. Rather, everything is about making brave decisions in the best regards & the best interests of one's own country. If that means widening one's circle of friends & allies to the maximum achievable, then whatever has to be done, has to be done.

Mar 2014
Lithuania
I don't see anything what present leadership of Turkey is doing as in the best interests of Turkey. Turkey had a revolution and choose to become secular country modernizing according European path. ( I am speaking about Ataturk) This, in my opinion, was quite successful decision. Turkey was rising, maybe not as Global powerhouse, but people were getting better standard of living, better education etc. Erdogan rallied support of radical part of Turkish population and used it to gain a lot of power. It is very good for Erdogan, not so much for the country. I see Turkey as going backwards during last few years and don't see direction changing any time soon. They are moving towards Pakistan, Afganistan and Iran, not towards Finland or Sweden. Where you would like to live if you have and easy choice?