United Kingdom in the Napoleonic Wars

Jan 2018
Hello there,
I need you guys to suggest something (a subtitle) that worths mentioning in that era (the United Kingdom in the Napoleonic Wars) so I can develop an essay about it.
Thnx in advance.

Feb 2019
Serbia
The Royal Navy and their significance politically, culturally and militarily. An interesting topic which is usually pushed aside.

Feb 2019
Serbia
Yeah replaced French "tyranny" with German and Russian tyranny. Wonderful.

I don't know if this is a joke or not. Calling Napoleon and his France a ''tyranny'' is either bias or over-exaggerating but Britain didn't install a German or Russian tyranny, the 99 years of peace in Europe (Save for the Crimean War and the German Unification.) that followed the Napoleonic Wars were relatively stable and a healthy balance of power existed. If anything Britain worked against Russia and Germany.

Mar 2016
Australia
I don't know if this is a joke or not. Calling Napoleon and his France a ''tyranny'' is either bias or over-exaggerating but Britain didn't install a German or Russian tyranny, the 99 years of peace in Europe (Save for the Crimean War and the German Unification.) that followed the Napoleonic Wars were relatively stable and a healthy balance of power existed. If anything Britain worked against Russia and Germany.
I'm sure the Poles would disagree.

Earl_of_Rochester

Ad Honoris
Feb 2011
Perambulating in St James' Park
The Royal Navy left the world open to free trade and enterprise. It's unlikely that Australia would be as free or economically powerful today were it founded under a different European power, you only need to look at South America to see the legacy of Spanish and Portuguese conquest. It was also Napoleon who destroyed the old Holy Roman Empire and left it with a group of larger states that could be united under Bismark, he would have been better off leaving it as a conglomerate mess of petty kingdoms and duchies.

Earl_of_Rochester

Ad Honoris
Feb 2011
Perambulating in St James' Park
It isn't called the Reign of Terror for nothing. Had Boney got to England then that's what we could expect.

Reactions: Edric Streona
Mar 2019
Kansas
During the 100 days - The coalition declared war against Napoleon and not France. He was branded an outlaw as part of the Congress of Vienna. Basically Napoleon was declared a war criminal.