Unparalleled-The Catholic/Christian equal treatment of LGBT

Status
Closed
Dec 2015
USA
Across Christian majority countries in the world LGBT rights are respected. Its clear today that LGBT are safest in Christian majority countries. Makes me proud to be a Christian. How today in Europe, North and South America gay folks can live there life. But you go to the middle east, Israel, the GCC states and many Muslim majority countries prevent LGBT marriage a clear and outright infringement upon equal rights of which Islam and Judaism have followers today that say there religions allow such marriage equally. Turkey is a Muslim majority country though that has a history of liberalism wrt LGBT rights. Still all in all the last 200 years its Christian majority countries leading the way in terms of equal treatment of LGBT.

In todays world. Where in 70+ countries LGBT experience discrimination including in countries allied to the USA. LGBT folks know that they have a voice and supporter in Christianity.

DignityUSA

Homosexuality and the Bible | GayChurch.org

Notable Christians who've had a change of heart on LGBT issues - Religion News Service

Transgender - Wikipedia

Pope Francis says homosexual tendencies are 'not a sin'

Dec 2015
USA
Early in 1969, Father Patrick X. Nidorf, O.S.A., an Augustinian priest and psychologist, starts a ministry for gay and lesbian Catholics as an extension of his professional work. Father Pat would later describe the beginnings of Dignity in his own words as follows:

"The Catholic gay people whom I had met were frequently bothered by ethical problems and identity with the Church. It seemed obvious that the Church wasn't meeting the needs of the gay community. In counseling gay Catholics, there always seemed to be an excessive and unreal problem of guilt that was sometimes reinforced in the confessional instead of being resolved. With these ideas rattling around in my brain, I wrote a paper on a proposed group for Catholic gays and presented it to our members at a Provincial meeting. Most of the priests seemed to favor the idea of forming such a group and I did."

On October 2, Bishops Thomas Gumbleton and Joseph Imesch of the Detroit Archdiocese send Brian McNaught a letter which says in part that the Catholic Church has "a serious obligation to root out structures and attitudes that discriminate against the homosexual as a person. We will exert our leadership in behalf of this effort. We hope for your continued cooperation with us in trying to achieve this goal." In the December issue of the newsletter, Paul Diederich sums up Dignity’s 1974 accomplishments as follows:

"… we have grown from nine chapters to over thirty, our membership has tripled and then some, we’ve reached the consciousness of our Church on a number of occasions, in New York and Detroit especially. Dignity has achieved affiliation with the Salvatorian Gay Ministry Task Force, and with Acceptance, Australia’s organization for Gay Catholics. Our communications with other Gay groups, religious and secular, has been vastly enhanced. It has been a good year."
Highlights of DignityUSA’s History

Dec 2015
USA
Now, if only Muslims, Hindus, and to some extent Buddhists will likewise evolve on this issue! :)
I think many of them support equal rights and freedom. But where do pride parades mostly take place, its in the so called west otherwise Christian majority Americans and Europe. That said I welcome those that can present a different view.

Dec 2015
USA
BTW, there are some Christian outliers in regards to this--such as Uganda. :( I really hope that they will clean up their act in regards to this as well.
Thats true some of the Muslim and Christian majority African nations have anti LGBT laws. South Africa though is by far Christian majority and has welcomed Pride parades and LGBT acceptance, good on them, those beautiful Christian brothers and sisters in Africa that stand for equal rights.

Pride parades in South Africa - Wikipedia

Menshevik

Ad Honorem
Dec 2012
here
Across Christian majority countries in the world LGBT rights are respected. Its clear today that LGBT are safest in Christian majority countries. Makes me proud to be a Christian. How today in Europe, North and South America gay folks can live there life. But you go to the middle east, Israel, the GCC states and many Muslim majority countries prevent LGBT marriage a clear and outright infringement upon equal rights of which Islam and Judaism have followers today that say there religions allow such marriage equally. Turkey is a Muslim majority country though that has a history of liberalism wrt LGBT rights. Still all in all the last 200 years its Christian majority countries leading the way in terms of equal treatment of LGBT.

In todays world. Where in 70+ countries LGBT experience discrimination including in countries allied to the USA. LGBT folks know that they have a voice and supporter in Christianity.

DignityUSA

Homosexuality and the Bible | GayChurch.org

Notable Christians who've had a change of heart on LGBT issues - Religion News Service

Transgender - Wikipedia

Pope Francis says homosexual tendencies are 'not a sin'
Well, I'm just a little bit doubtful as whether or not it's Christianity we can thank for the progressive polices towards gays in the countries you mention. Ever heard of Uganda?

And speaking of Israel-- alongside and in the same sentence as the Gulf States and Muslim majority countries!!!!-- being anti-gay...... here you go....

Wanna venture a guess, as to where this photo was taken place? Saudi Arabia? Iran maybe? The UAE? Or, could it possibly be Israel? Hmmmmm...

Dec 2015
USA
Israel does not allow LGBT marriage.
Well, I'm just a little bit doubtful as whether or not it's Christianity we can thank for the progressive polices towards gays in the countries you mention. Ever heard of Uganda?

And speaking of Israel-- alongside and in the same sentence as the Gulf States and Muslim majority countries!!!!-- being anti-gay...... here you go....

Wanna venture a guess, as to where this photo was taken place? Saudi Arabia? Iran maybe? The UAE? Or, could it possibly be Israel? Hmmmmm...
Israel is not on the level of South Africa though. South Africa and Israel have pride parades. South Africa though allows LGBT marriage but Israel does not,

Recognition of same-sex unions in Israel - Wikipedia

Christians are by far the most welcoming to LGBT folks right now at this moment in history.

Dec 2015
USA
Yes Menshevik Israel is right alongside Muslim countries in intolerance of LGBT. That is the truth. Its Rabbis and Imans preventing lgbt marriage in Israel and GCC states.

Same-Sex Marriage: Global Comparisons

Christians all over North and South America have done this amazing thing. They made a society where LGBT folks can get married..thats ultimate freedom. Its not seen in Israel or Saudi Arabia. That said, Jews and Muslims across the middle east want equal rights for LGBT so lets give them both equal support you agree?

Status
Closed